Grenade

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Cwrw666

Landlord.
Reaction score
Suggest you insert it in a big paper bag full of glitter and set up one of those wildlife cameras to video it going boom.

Pennine

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seems a bit of an inappropriate joke regarding the space shuttles.

you should try to drink it, it's probably hop creep or a diastaticus infection like the left hand fiasco a while back.

MmmmCitra

Regular.
Reaction score
I had this happen to one of mine recently :(

HB1.jpg

Opened my 'beer draw' where I keep my special bought beers and this greeted me, beer everywhere but I hadn't even realise it had exploded sometime in the previous week or so.

MmmmCitra

Regular.
Reaction score
Yes, it was canned end of May and exploded maybe mid September.
Got in touch with Verdant and they said the can seal had failed.
Sent me a £15 voucher.

Portreath

Landlord.
Reaction score
That's decent of them. Verdant are down my way btw, one of the owners used to own a falafal street food van in Falmouth, really popular & dam good falafals too...if you like that sort of thing.

Reactions: HSD

MmmmCitra

Regular.
Reaction score
Yes, I know all about Verdant and order from them quite often.
We're only in Devon and had planned on visiting Falmouth this year before events changed the world.
Wanted to try their seafood place and visit the brewery but unfortunately both closed to the public, maybe next year, fingers crossed.

Tanglefoot

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know all about Verdant and order from them quite often.
We're only in Devon and had planned on visiting Falmouth this year before events changed the world.
Wanted to try their seafood place and visit the brewery but unfortunately both closed to the public, maybe next year, fingers crossed.
The brewery shop has shut but the seafood bar was open for take outs ( between 3pm -9pm )
when I visited at end of August
IMG_20200821_145248915.jpg

UKSkydiver

Brew-ha-ha
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seems a bit of an inappropriate joke regarding the space shuttles.

you should try to drink it, it's probably hop creep or a diastaticus infection like the left hand fiasco a while back.
Hello
My joke clearly referenced bottle bombs and there was no reference to the labelling of the can, but I do see how one might link, however tenuously, space shuttles and grenades, so I apologise for any offence caused as that was not my intention

I did open and drink it. It was not a gusher, although it did have a massive head. Tasted great.

Pennine

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello
My joke clearly referenced bottle bombs and there was no reference to the labelling of the can, but I do see how one might link, however tenuously, space shuttles and grenades, so I apologise for any offence caused as that was not my intention

I did open and drink it. It was not a gusher, although it did have a massive head. Tasted great.
ha no offence in the least I was just chuckling a bit when I saw that pic. the comment was more chastising myself than anyone else.

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Seen a pile of her black heart in Morrison's that were about to explode. Staff didn't care when I pointed it out to them

Steven

Reaction score
So if we get bottle bombs, does this make it a grenade?

View attachment 33395

I had this happen with some canned soft drinks I left in my car boot last year.
When I eventually got round to opening them the cans made a huge bang and blew the ring pull off! The fist time it happened woke me up as it sounded like a gunshot