Grumble, Grump, Gripe. General Moaning Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
Having allowed the children to go hungry and unshod and the wife having to wear last year's fashions so that I could buy a couple of Inkbird Temperature Controllers, here we are on the 17th of August and the temperature won't even allow the fridges to cut in!!!! I've set my two fridges to ferment ordinary English ales at 19C, the last couple of days I've woken up to 13 and 14C respectively and a maximum today of 18. What's all this global warming nonsense? More like a new ice-age, I reckon. Waiting for Southern Brittany to become glaciated so I can start brewing lager!
Grump, gripe, fart, burble.

Feel free to moan and whinge to your heat's content. It's cathartic, whatever that means.

1629206834907.png

Thinking of you, An Ankou

Global warming means that in some other places the temperatures get too high. Yes, it is a weird summer, but as far as I am concerned it is a more normal summer here in old Western Europe, than those of the preceding three years. My lawn is terrifically recovered from the WWI no man's land that it had become.

Well here are a few things that I'd like to moan about

- Drivers who do not signal at roundabouts
- The term "craft ale"
- Google assistant on my phone
- Little dogs that don't stop yapping
- My back - it's giving me some "biff" today
- Queues in chip shops

I'll think about a few more and post them later

Global warming means that in some other places the temperatures get too high. Yes, it is a weird summer, but as far as I am concerned it is a more normal summer here in old Western Europe, than those of the preceding three years. My lawn is terrifically recovered from the WWI no man's land that it had become.
Completely out of order, Chthon. This is supposed to be a thoroughgoing whingeing thread, not a count-your-blessings one! :laugh8:

Completely out of order, Chthon. This is supposed to be a thoroughgoing whingeing thread, not a count-your-blessings one! :laugh8:
As for the lawn. I shouldn't have had to cut it for about 6 weeks, but it's still needs mowing twice a week.
And as for the moles- never seen such an infestation. I've tried a number of approaches- the latest being sticking a teaspoonful of sodium metabisuphite down the holes and blocking them up. Online remedies include using calcium carbide down the hole. Didn't know acetylene was poisonous.

As for the lawn. I shouldn't have had to cut it for about 6 weeks, but it's still needs mowing twice a week.
And as for the moles- never seen such an infestation. I've tried a number of approaches- the latest being sticking a teaspoonful of sodium metabisuphite down the holes and blocking them up. Online remedies include using calcium carbide down the hole. Didn't know acetylene was poisonous.
1629218837723.png

OR
1629218895833.png

If the second, which holes are you blocking up?

Lovely town, Rennes. Where are you staying? Yeah, yesterday afternoon wasn't too bad. I don't thjink you've seen much sunshine today, though.
True that.
St Gregoire with the sister in law
We went to see Merlins tomb yesterday, very beautiful.
Had a glass of Teleen Du yesterday, really nice beer, almost like a porter

Last edited:
Went on a bike ride today and set off down wind against my better judgement but wanted to do some intervals up a particular hill now that the bar stewards are spreading kitty litter on my favourite hill for this kind of work. It was actually harder going downhill than it was going up this particular hill and then it ****** it down for the entirety of my return trip into a punishing block headwind. I got back later than intended so lunch was late which means now I don't have much appetite for my tea (yes tea not dinner up here in the midlands).

I had a mole problem last year, couple of splashes of petrol down 2 of the holes and bunged em up. Little blighters soon came popping up out of the other holes for a breath of fresh air, to be quickly scooped up by my ever ready terrier!
Roxy is a murderous mutt, but she's gorgeous.

Complaint: my roses all seemed to have flowered whilst I was on holiday and now they're all dead. Makes me wonder why I bother feeding, trimming and looking after them... Ungrateful bar-stewards

Attachments

• IMG_20210803_120047.jpg
    IMG_20210803_120047.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 42
I had a mole problem last year, couple of splashes of petrol down 2 of the holes and bunged em up. Little blighters soon came popping up out of the other holes for a breath of fresh air, to be quickly scooped up by my ever ready terrier!
That's certainly worth a try. I'll give it a go if the other stuff doesn't work. I'll get Nanouk the mole hound on the job. He's daft as a brush and would probably want to play with it.

Lovely. Where are you?
Camping?
Staying in portsalon for 4 nights. Right on the pier. Lovely spot 😉
No camping staying in a chalet that hasn't changed in 50 years. 2 euro coins for the electric meter, punts before that 😂.
No TV or internet, open fire is the only heating. Great craic for the children, cards and board game's at night. Swimming and pier jumping during the day.

Back