Grumpy old bugger IPA kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezza

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi
has anybody made the "Grumpy old bugger IPA kit"?
Is it worth making?
Cheers Ezza.

Never heard of it before, but a few reviews on Amazon are saying they didn't get any yeast with it or the stout kit.

Last edited:
Yes that's where I saw it,yeast won't be a problem,I might just buy it as it's a reasonable price IF it's a reasonable kit.

I ordered one the other day. When it arrived the yeast was stuck quite firmly to the bottom of the pouch.
I haven't made it yet because I'm waiting to finish the porter which is currently in the fermentation vessel but once that's done the IPA will be next.

I'll let you know how I get on in a few weeks time.

I started this on Friday with a kilo of brewing sugar and it's currently bubbling away nicely.

I moved the bottles to my cool dark utility room today after having them bottled in the kitchen for two weeks.
I stuck one in the fridge earlier and have just tried it. It's a little green but given the price and the fact I just used the pouch and brewing sugar I quite enjoyed it. If I'd bought it in a pub I'd have stuck with it and it'll only get better with conditioning.
It tastes like something BrewDog would give a horrible witty name to and is surprisingly hoppy (as it should be).
If it matures well I'll definitely make another one

Back