Guess what it is

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I’d post a second clue to try and help.
E6ACE525-CD6D-4C31-8233-1D0212CCA9B9.jpeg

What is this unnecessary gadget used for....by me......in brewing?

Are these images tiny with no detail for everyone? I'm using a PC to view them.

I think I have to give it to @Clint although the application is slightly different.
IMG_20200409_045800255.jpg

I weigh my hop bags down with SS balls so tie the float to the bag string so I can retrieve the bags after the boil to give them a squeeze before I transfer to FV.

Well said @An Ankoù . I did say on my vid that the gadget (totally pointless) only checked the connections on the cap. Just between you and me, I'm working on a replacement closure that will be more efficient than the "as supplied cap". Only problem is it will cost £1million ashock1
How about filling the barrel with water first, then you can test the seal of cap-to-barrel, and the hardware on/in the lid, with only a small amount of gas??

How about filling the barrel with water first, then you can test the seal of cap-to-barrel, and the hardware on/in the lid, with only a small amount of gas??
Indeed. Cat skin more one to than a way :?: . I did say it was unnecessary but it gave me something to do aheadbutt . Takes 6 gallons of water to fill a King Keg. Some might consider that wasteful.
I find the hardest bit to test (quickly) is the lid/barrel seal. You just have to wait. Can't squirt it with soapy water :confused.:

It's funny how we have this bother sealing stuff. I work with pumps,pipes,seals etc and we do have leaks but they're quickly fixed...but then I suppose when everything is machined stainless and the pumps cost thousands....what I'm saying is..there must be an easier, reasonably priced solution.

Back