Gunge.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I noticed he hasn't posted for a while so checked his profile, last post Monday at 12:34 :unsure:

Yeah, I noticed he'd missed the opportunity to extol the virtues of flaked barley recently. Hope he hasn't succumbed to a ridiculously hot curry and is OK.......

He's maybe had a week off work and has taken the opportunity to clear lots of bottle/kegs ready for new brews!

I'm of the opinion he's gone on a monastic retreat for a while
Hi!
He's off to an ashram on top of Ilkley Moor, living on flaked barley porridge and Timothy Taylor's Landlord. You'll find him sitting in the lotus position, contemplating the sayings of the great guru Boycott and quietly chanting the Yorkshireman's mantra, "How much?"

Nearly a week is a long time for Gunge, hope he didn’t accidentally drink a wheat beer and vaporise on the spot.

There’s a few folks that haven’t posted in a while, johnnyboy1965 was prolific but hasn’t been around. I recall he was going to be on holiday a lot as he had lots of unused time, maybe he’s on a cruise or something

JB got himself a permanent ban having ignored several warnings from the mod team about his conduct here, Gunge not posting is a bit of a worry as he used to post several times a day.

There was a guy a while back (Jon something maybe?)
He seemed to get in to all grain very heavily, very quickly and seemed to be spending heaps of cash on gear. I haven't seen anything from him, been looking out for him in the for sale board.

JB got himself a permanent ban having ignored several warnings from the mod team about his conduct here, Gunge not posting is a bit of a worry as he used to post several times a day.

John certainly did have his moments. His argument with Sadfield about storing hops was one of the more surreal moments I can remember. Then there was the rant about induction hobs. Good times.

There was a guy a while back (Jon something maybe?)
He seemed to get in to all grain very heavily, very quickly and seemed to be spending heaps of cash on gear. I haven't seen anything from him, been looking out for him in the for sale board.
You're right, I remember thinking that he seemed to be spending a lot of money....

Latest posts

Back