Guns

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Moved from the what you used to own and use thread as it turns into politics C-T.

If you know, you know :hat:

Last edited by a moderator:
The best for me was 0.303in a Lee Enfield in terms of accurate shooting
The ultra high velocity 7.62 rounds in the newer SLR were somewhat un-stable
The newer calibres even more so

I have allways been a target shooting fan.
Thank god during my time in service i never killed

My Dad as a bren gunner in ww2 with the Durhan light Infantry did, (DLI) He would never talk about it.

Last edited:
BTW ownership of airguns is now considierd "Verboten" here in Scotland.
A class 1 firearms certificate is now required.
These were previously reserveved for weapons that could kill at miles distant.Not a 12fp or less airgun

The BIG question remains
How are our young people expected to shoot strait..??
I have seen recruits who could not even hit the range less alone the target at 30meters.

BTW ownership of airguns is now considierd "Verboten" here in Scotland.
A class 1 firearms certificate is now required.
These were previously reserveved for weapons that could kill at miles distant.Not a 12fp or less airgun

The BIG question remains
How are our young people expected to shoot strait..??
I have seen recruits who could not even hit the range less alone the target at 30meters.
To be honest it's a good thing that you need to register an airgun.It's not like 30 years ago when every one had a pellet gun, and you could buy a box of pellets from the newsagents for 10p
It is quite a process to go through just to own a shotgun licence .Owning a FA licence is quite another ball game.

I have to confess the above was indeed true
Its INTENTION that is is what needs to be sortet

Defending my Queen and country is non conditional

Agree clilipicle
Some of the murders (dunblane) are horrid.
All I am saying is thank god i never had to shoot someones son dead.

Most that hvave died over the last centutry were the resuts of politics and the self centered idiots we continue to elect

My Dad as a bren gunner in ww2 with the Durhan light Infantry did, (DLI) He would never talk about it.
I'd love an Enfield no.4, I keep looking on Krank's website and trying to justify the £600 but I really should just do it. Nice to see a fellow target shooter on here.

God!- I had Weirauch HW100 with a theoben gas ram system, magic rifle, .177 and supremely quiet and accurate, halcyon days of old, shame I sold it, but that’s life…

We used to love taking the 0.303s and Bren Gun out to the army range when we were at school (the school had its own arsenal).
They also let us carry 0.22 rifles and live ammunition down the road to the indoor TA range in town.
Add in the school had an Austin Champ and BSA Starfire and a good time was had by all. We visited army bases in Germany and got to drive Tanks and use all sorts of guns.

To Dads Ale
Same as me as a teenage air cadet and nco I used to take my team on the bus with .303s slung over our shoulders.

Can you possibly imagine that happening today.

I used to shoot .22 rimfire target rifles to a reasonable standard, won a few trophies back in the day. Surrendered my firearms certificate after the dunblane massacre. I got a bit paranoid about keeping a couple of BSA Martini's, and ammo in the house.

Latest posts

Back