Guten Brew - Corny Kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillc

Regular.
Reaction score
After seeing a post on here earlier about a "Guten / Brew Devil", I thought, what is this Guten thing. After searching I came across the Guten Brew website. Seems like they're located just around the metaphorical corner from me in Slovenia.

On their website they're advertising used full size 19L Corny kegs (ball lock) for just €40. A new set of o-rings for €8. Postage was a bit excessive, but even so the full cost per keg and new rings (I ordered 4 of each) including postage only came to €56.02 each. Still seems like a bargain.

I'll report back once they arrive, regarding condition and delivery time etc.

After seeing a post on here earlier about a "Guten / Brew Devil", I thought, what is this Guten thing. After searching I came across the Guten Brew website. Seems like they're located just around the metaphorical corner from me in Slovenia.

On their website they're advertising used full size 19L Corny kegs (ball lock) for just €40. A new set of o-rings for €8. Postage was a bit excessive, but even so the full cost per keg and new rings (I ordered 4 of each) including postage only came to €56.02 each. Still seems like a bargain.

I'll report back once they arrive, regarding condition and delivery time etc.
Any news on your Kegs?

These kegs arrived on Wednesday this week (December 16th). So it took about 9 days to deliver. This included a weekend and a public holiday. Not so bad.

However, the kegs did arrive in pretty poor condition. The outside is filthy and sticky where labels have been removed. The inside still smells strongly of sugary soft drink and a couple of them have dirty black marks on the bottom inside. As they're all branded "Property of Coca Cola" I guess those dirty black marks is dried Coca Cola. I'll have to get stuck in withe the Oxi cleaner and see what happens.

Also, the lids are all a bit different.

Cheap for a reason!

photo_2020-12-19_11-54-35.jpg

photo_2020-12-19_11-54-38.jpg

photo_2020-12-19_11-54-43.jpg

A bit of hard yakka this afternoon and these kegs look a lot better. Shiny inside and out.

All connections seem to work fine.

Still a bit of a soft drink smell in them. I'm going to put a cider in one of them tomorrow. It might add to the flavour.

Overall, I have to say even though I was surprised with the condition of these kegs when they arrived, being used to something better, the effort to bring them up to scratch wasn't that much really and the price was probably a fair reflection of what arrived.

IMG_20201219_185258_395.jpg

IMG_20201219_185253_154.jpg

Back