Half Price Brand New Grainfather

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The £524.75 price is almost exactly double the £262.38 listed price.
Definitely wholesale price.
No way they could honour those sales.
I would say an honest error on their behalf.

What is interesting is that if they are starting to sell Grainfathers they may be getting into the homebrew Market.

I repeat the comment I made above I still think its interesting that display price is exactly half of 'original' price - cant therefore simply be a case of keying in the wrong number.

They are a legitimate company, they supply breweries etc with grain and other supplies, I help out at a microbrewery and have come accross them when looking into setting up my own brewing business. As above I suspect it is just an error with whoever set up the desription on the webstore entering the wrong price as the description includes the likely correct price.

I don't think anyone thinks this is a scam just that they have made a balls up and the price is £630 with the VAT included.

I will show my **** in Tesco window if you can get a brand new GF with chiller for less than £300 Inc VAT.

nice way to get a quick injection of cash into a business over a weekend before emptying the accounts once funds have cleared perhaps? but i have always been a tad cynical.. the stock 'engineer pics' on the about-us page of the site dont scream 'hombrewers' to me either..

I know most people thought it was a genuine mistake but some were sleptical so I was just clarifying they are a legitimate business but up to now have not been involved with homebrew, just commercial breweries. I wonder if they are branching out into homebrew or this is targeted at brewers for trial brews of new beers.

I have sent their sales team an email with a link to this thread with luck they will explain the mix up in pricing.

It’s genuine, Brewers Select are a decent company, I spoke to them this morning and I am picking it up from the warehouse on Wednesday to save on shipping :) Apparently it has put quite a bit of pressure on their orders system as they have had so much interest!

Latest posts

Back