Half Price Brand New Grainfather

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All customers - whether they contacted us by telephone, requested an order through our website or emailed us, were sent a new customer account form and it was explained that our stock was very limited and to call us to check availability or return the form ASAP to increase chances of being able to purchase one.

Hi Siobhan,

Thanks for the reply and explaination. We have double checked spam folders, and don't appear to have received the email, so not sure what happened there, and why I tried to phone later that day. To be honest though that is irrelevant, the above point is my bone of contention. Your setup ignored any chronology of orders and turned the sale into a free for all. Customers like myself were not given sufficient opportunity to complete your protracted ordering process, before the item was sold to another customer. Which is a shame as it was a great deal.

That's life. We move on.

Best wishes.

Steve.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
congrats to the optomists who took a punt in time,, im happy to 'eat' my cynical post.

welcome to the g/f owners club chaps.. you can always upgrade to a oneVessel brewing system stc1000+
https://github.com/matsstaff/stc1000p/blob/master/ovbsc/README.md

Yep picked mine up on Wednesday and got a free grainfather stainless paddle as well as it was mispacked. Should have been a graincoat and they are sending that and I can keep the paddle, happy days. Going to use brewmaniac to control mine rather than the STC as I use that on my other larger bm clone. Like the idea of the same software on both systems and it works well.

Found out what's going on....it is that price but you have to buy a sack of malt at the same time ...£252+vat!

I am unaware of any errors on the site regarding malt pricing at £200+. This would be incorrect and please bring this to our attention if this is showing on our site. There are no hidden costs or expensive products to compensate for the offer.

:laugh8:

Edit: sorry Chippy, didn’t mean to make it look like you said it!

Last edited:
If an offer seems too good to be true, then it usually is!

In this case it was the real deal as Mr Dickinson would say -

Did you read through the thread before posting?

Hi All,

This is a genuine offer for us to move some stock that has been sitting around for a while. We have reduced the price by 50% for a limited time to do this. Please note, this version of the grainfather does not include the new Bluetooth controller, though we have had customers buy the grainfather from us before and purchase this separately.

There is no mistake on our site, our currently selling price is £262.38 + VAT. We will always work out the cheapest delivery option too. Unfortunately, our website does not have a full webshop facility yet, though this is something we are working on with a new website coming shortly. We have been unable to link this directly to our stock, so it would be unfair to take payment online. The current process involves requesting and order, customer services confirming a trading account and delivery options, then placing your order.

We have very limited stock available now due to how popular the heavy discounted offer has been. The quickest way to get an update on our stock position is to call us on 01733 889100. Our customer service team will explain the quickest way to set an account up with ourselves, to confirm our stock position and to confirm delivery costs and options. Please note, you can always organise collections either yourself or via courier from our Peterborough warehouse if you can find a cheaper cost.

I am unaware of any errors on the site regarding malt pricing at £200+. This would be incorrect and please bring this to our attention if this is showing on our site. There are no hidden costs or expensive products to compensate for the offer.

Kind regards,

Siobhan Lakey

Latest posts

Back