• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hammered Copper Pub Table

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a big difference in these tables if he wants the single stem ones or the dolphin style which are single stems with 3 or 4 feet they are not too bad but if he is wanting the brittania table which have 3 legs coming from the top which is round with britannia holding a shield then as Chippy says deep pockets. My wife used to sell these and the going price for good ones with a brewery name cast in the bottom shelf and depending who's name are @ and upto £150
I have attached pics of one of ours and as you can see these are the most desirable with Brittannia holding the shield

Attachments

• 20210110_155832.jpg
    20210110_155832.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210110_155825.jpg
    20210110_155825.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
You get what you pay for I suppose but would need to be seeing that first hand at that price. Certainly looks the part though.

The round ones are priced at £150 inc VAT each so not too much more than Kelpers above, as you say you get what you pay for.

I have made quite a few items using copper paint, comes up very realistic. You could get an old pine table, planish it with a small ball pane hammer and you would hardly tell the difference. I once made an outdoor plant stand in wrought iron, painted it with copper paint then sprayed it with acetic acid to get a verdigris patina effect.
1610294743331.png

Must have been a big lad to pick one of those up high enough to club somebody with they are serious heavy💪💪💪
There was a bit of a kick off in a club where some lad got a hiding off the bouncers the week before so a big gang went down there to sort it out...one chap decided to go to this gang of lads who were in an area of raised seating,and tell them what was going to happen if they didn't leave...the response was the table chucked at him..the bouncers scarpered...then all hell broke loose...place smashed up a bit then out onto the street where all the windows came in with litter bins etc. Most entertaining!

My son-in-law has bought a new shed and plans to fit it out as a pub/model railway man den

He is looking for one of those hammered copper tables you get in a pub

Any ideas where he might find one?
Does he want a square or round table? Is it for sitting or standing at? (Poseur table!)

Back