Hampshire, Berkshire & Surrey Boarder Meet up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Litmus

Reaction score
HI All,

If I organise a meet up on the border of these three counties is anyone interested? I would like an opportunity to meet other local home brewers and maybe down the line collaborate on some projects.

I was thinking somewhere like http://www.thealfredfreehouse.co.uk/beer.html

The Alfred Free House
Farnham

I would approach the landlord of course ahead of any meeting.

Thoughts?

Yeah I would be into that. I’m 15 mins from Farnham.

Maybe actually see if we can organise a swap meet at the same time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whilst Farnham is easy enough for me, wonder if it's worth considering Guildford which might be more convenient for others from a public transport point of view.

Whilst Farnham is easy enough for me, wonder if it's worth considering Guildford which might be more convenient for others from a public transport point of view.

It is a good point, I had assumed that most people would drive (responsibly) so I plopped it between the A3 and M3. I think we can play with the location?

Basingstoke (if we can find a nice pub :D ) might be another good option as that has trains that go N,E,S & W.
Any suggestion on a pub in Guildford @Bezza?

It is a good point, I had assumed that most people would drive (responsibly) so I plopped it between the A3 and M3. I think we can play with the location?

Basingstoke (if we can find a nice pub :D ) might be another good option as that has trains that go N,E,S & W.
Any suggestion on a pub in Guildford @Bezza?

Basingstoke would be equally easy for the London lot to get to on public transport and within easy reach of the M3 for drivers. I don't know that area too well though so wouldn't be able to suggest specific pubs there.

I don't know how amiable pubs would be to allowing bottle swaps or tastings of homebrew as I've never been to a homebrew meetup before. Would the idea be that we would be able to sample each others wares? If so, given we're approaching summer, how about arranging to meet for a picnic-type affair in some green space (where there are no rules) that is near to a pub and then if it rains/the homebrew runs out, everyone can just go to the pub?

For me Guildford would be very slightly better and Basingstoke a bit worse. A surrey Kent Sussex border would be better but maybe I will try to arrange one if this comes together.

Guildford would work perfectly fine for me. Amazingstoke wouldn't be the end of the world, it would just mean a drive and no drink rather than a train and drink.... :onechug:

I can have a think about where a meetup could conducted in the Guildford area bar/pub/location generally for drinks and swaps.

Hi All,

Sorry been travelling with work and otherwise distracted. I will have a look / think tonight and try to get something in the diary.

I'd be up for this. I live in north camp so not far from Guildford.

Tempting - Basingstoke is half the time on the train for me. Guildford by train is the best part of 2 hours each way (and driving to a beer tasting session sounds like a recipe for disaster).

I’m still up for meeting. Guildford would work well but happy to travel up or down the Portsmouth via Guildford line (e.g. Woking) if that works better for others.

Im based in farnborough so guildford or woking are easy to get to. When and where shall we make it happen?

Back