Hamster spam

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had two pet hamsters as a child. They were called Himster and Herster. My Mum said they were both males so I asked her to explain all the babies!

I thought he just really cared about hamster welfare!

I am finding people’s lack of concern for the vital subject of hamster welfare disturbing.
Still seemed one of the oddest spam posts I’ve ever seen.

Did anyone follow any of the disguised links in his post, he was selling and that's about as far as his interest in hamsters went -

PINE WOOD SHAVINGS
Product code
Price:Contact
Pine Wood Shavings is soft and comfortable for animal bedding material. It is high quality product and used for horse bedding.

WOOD CHIP
Wood Chips are made from Acacia or Eucalyptus Wood Chips or as customers requirement.
Mixed wood chip is used for burning fuel.
Acacia or Eucalyptus wood chip is used for material of paper industry.

1603458364965.png

wood.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone follow any of the disguised links in his post, he was selling and that's about as far as his interest in hamsters went -

PINE WOOD SHAVINGS
Product code
Pine Wood Shavings is soft and comfortable for animal bedding material. It is high quality product and used for horse bedding.

WOOD CHIP
Wood Chips are made from Acacia or Eucalyptus Wood Chips or as customers requirement.
Mixed wood chip is used for burning fuel.
Acacia or Eucalyptus wood chip is used for material of paper industry.

View attachment 34479

wood.jpg
I confess I didn’t click on the links assuming they would take me to some virus infected hellhole, so am slightly surprised that it seems they where genuinely trying to sell wood shavings.

so am slightly surprised that it seems they where genuinely trying to sell wood shavings.

Yes they were selling many different kinds of wood products but they were doing it in a way that would get them round the advertising sponsor rule.

They were using the hamster cover to try to sell pet bedding you can bet they have done the same on horse and other forums where wood shavings are used as bedding, i assume they think mods will not bother clicking on the links if the content of the posts looks genuine, well he/she failed here. ;)

I took a look at the post this morning and thought WTF then seen @Clint give his reply which was enough for me. We've had hamsters and they are smelly wee buggers... The second being a Siberian one and he was nasty..

I took a look at the post this morning and thought WTF then seen @Clint give his reply which was enough for me. We've had hamsters and they are smelly wee buggers... The second being a Siberian one and he was nasty..

My son had one a few years ago, it escaped and we didn't see it for a few days we assumed it had got under the floorboards and were waiting for the stink as it rotted, we did find it eventually it had crawled up the back of his wardrobe and got its head stuck in a gap trying to get inside, needless to say he didn't get another.

We have also got a hamster 🐹. Brought for my birthday total waste of time for me to be honest. Fed up with cleaning it out didn’t even ask for it .

I think keeping small animals in small cages is wrong you think little Hammy is loving every minute and all little Hammy wants to do is escape, we had something similar to this and all it did was chew every gap it found until it found the weak point and escaped.

1603539168770.png

Latest posts

Back