Hand pulled tetley's

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cask is best

Landlord.
Reaction score
Had an afternoon sesh on Saturday and called into a pub that has a nice pint of Tetley cask. Now usually the barman pulls mine then leaves it to settle then goes and gets our lasses strongbow takes the money comes back and begins to pull mine again. Just the way i like it. However on Saturday there was something going on in town and the pub was rammed and most people were sat on the front outside.
Great setting looking across the Humber estuary with the magnificent Humber bridge in view. [ locals will probably know which pub it is now] Anyway he pulls mine puts it on the counter next to me does the missus cider gets the money and job done. No topping up nothing. Question is how come on quite days i like the beer pulled settled then pulled again but on busy days it's pulled straight away with no having to wait for it to be topped up.
Another pub i go in serve Tetley cask and they just pull it in one go and don't have to wait for it to settle. I must say i prefare the wait anyday

Unfortunatly i think they were just rushed so pulled it in in one go i prefer mine sat there to settle then topped up you could have waited a minute then asked him to top it up for you

That's the point mate. It didn't need topping up it had a nice head on it and it was a perfect pint.
But how or why do they pull them like that and other times they need topping up.

Being a Guiness drinker it is a pet hate of mine when pints are poured in one and handed to me.
Give the beer some TLC!!
:thumb:

i know which pub it was. The country park inn by any chance? We live 5 minutes from there and often pop in for a beer. Every time we have been there its never been busy

dennisking said:
A pint of Guinness in Ireland can take over 10 mins. to serve.

5 min max. any longer n they are taking the p##s!!

Good things come to those that wait!!!
:drink:

Mark1964 said:
i know which pub it was. The country park inn by any chance? We live 5 minutes from there and often pop in for a beer. Every time we have been there its never been busy

NOOOOO Mark. Minerva it was. Does country park inn serve cask? Last time i was in there was around15 years ago at a wedding.

Latest posts

Back