Quantcast

Hants

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

folkpunk

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member from Eastleigh nr Southampton. I have been making cider from apples, wine from grapes and beer from kits ;). I'm interested in the brew technology and am thinking of moving into all grain. First step though is to make a fermentation fridge!

itry

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member from Eastleigh nr Southampton. I have been making cider from apples, wine from grapes and beer from kits ;). I'm interested in the brew technology and am thinking of moving into all grain. First step though is to make a fermentation fridge!
Greetings . I hope you enjoy the learning curve , im the opposite end of hampshire in farnborough

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
Most music in both those genres as well as a lot more across others. TBF I like most music. But Levellers, Frank Turner probably the ones I've seen the most over the years. Funny how lively music and beer go hand in hand 🍺
I’m quite new to Frank Turner, I’d heard of him but embarrassingly his recent split album with NOFX was the first time I heard him. I’ve since discovered his back catalogue. AJJ (formerly Andrew Jackson Jihad) are my favourite band to have been given the “folk punk” label (Although there’s very little of either in the album that introduced me to them).

Celtic punk is more my thing - The Pogues, The Mahones, Dropkick Murphys, Real McKenzies etc

treewomble

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm also new. Moved to the New Forest (Brockenhurst) a couple of weeks ago. I tend to brew IPAs, pretty much a west coast IPA but around 5% alcohol. Also made some very tasty oatmeal stouts (including a coffee oatmeal stout).

Linalmeemow

Landlord.
Reaction score
I’m quite new to Frank Turner, I’d heard of him but embarrassingly his recent split album with NOFX was the first time I heard him. I’ve since discovered his back catalogue. AJJ (formerly Andrew Jackson Jihad) are my favourite band to have been given the “folk punk” label (Although there’s very little of either in the album that introduced me to them).
Frank Turner is dreadful musically and personally. You can't trust a "punk" who went to Eton.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
Frank Turner is dreadful musically and personally. You can't trust a "punk" who went to Eton.
You can’t trust a prime minister who went to Eton either.

Being a public schoolboy never did Joe Strummer any harm either.

folkpunk

Reaction score

Celtic punk is more my thing - The Pogues, The Mahones, Dropkick Murphys, Real McKenzies etc
Yeah love NOFX and seen AJJ - Pogues were one of my main bands in my youth, saw them a number of times. Have also seen Dropkicks. All great stuff!

folkpunk

Reaction score
Each to their own - tbf he went on a scholarship and is open about how his schooling pushed him into the Punk scene as he felt so alienated at Eton. Live shows can be fantastic but appreciate he's marmite 🙂

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
Yeah love NOFX and seen AJJ - Pogues were one of my main bands in my youth, saw them a number of times. Have also seen Dropkicks. All great stuff!
I’m too young for The Pogues in their pomp. I was in New York over St Patrick’s Day on my honeymoon in 207 and they were playing on Paddy’s day. Unfortunately we only found out after we got there and it was already sold out.

Zee

Reaction score
Hi Folkpunk, I’m just up the railway track at Hedge End. A few of us all grainers around here. Maybe check out Butchers Brewclub sometime. 👍

folkpunk

Reaction score
Hi Folkpunk, I’m just up the railway track at Hedge End. A few of us all grainers around here. Maybe check out Butchers Brewclub sometime. 👍
I'm actually closer - Horton Heath - I'll certainly take a look!

Latest posts