Harris Pure Brew question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostShip

Reaction score
I recently bought some Harris Pure Brew and have also used the Dark Rock Beer Kit Enhancer for my last two brews, which comes with a sachet of Pure Brew.

I used to get some fairly vigorous fermentations and usually the cap would get pushed off the airlock. Recently, however, fermentation appears to be a lot more gentle and the cap has not blown off once. All of my brews are fermented in a brew fridge at a constant temperature.

The only difference I can think of is Pure Brew. Just out of interest, is this a known feature of Pure Brew?

Pure brew does add supplements to assist the yeast, it also adds water treatment similar to that of campden tablets.

I use pure brew with all my kits, also use DR kits so it's a massive bonus that they come with it.

Yes I do see a more rigorous fermentation, what size FV do you use. For 40pint kits I always use a 30L FV after getting fed up with blow outs on 27L FV's in my early days.

Pure brew does add supplements to assist the yeast, it also adds water treatment similar to that of campden tablets.

I use pure brew with all my kits, also use DR kits so it's a massive bonus that they come with it.

Yes I do see a more rigorous fermentation, what size FV do you use. For 40pint kits I always use a 30L FV after getting fed up with blow outs on 27L FV's in my early days.

Mine is 27L. It sounds as if you're getting a more vigorous fermentation, whereas what I'm seeing since using Pure Brew is a LESS vigorous fermentation.

It's possible of course that my FV (which has been used a lot) is now leaking around the lid somewhere. I just wondered if using PB leads to less vigorous fermentations, but it sounds as if that's not the case!

Latest posts

Back