Harvested Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fleecer

Reaction score
Hi
I managed to harvest some bottle conditioned yeast from a Collesi Rossa Birra Artigianale, and used it on a small batch Irish Red. Despite efforts to ask the brewery what type of yeast they use, they have yet to respond. Does anyone know please?

I'm afraid it is highly unlikely that the brewery will respond and tell you.

Also you don't know if they use a secondary yeast for bottle conditioning...so what you may have grown is a combination of yeasts.

(That is not meant as any discouragement for you to harvest and grow the yeast....its always interesting to see the results from such experiments...its just an indication of the fact that it is unlikely that you will find the information you want)

Looks an interesting beer though...might have to try to get hold of some....where did you source yours from?

Get a different approach. Ask them if they use a different yeast for bottle conditioning.

If you're lucky, maybe they give you an answer.

Also you don't know if they use a secondary yeast for bottle conditioning...so what you may have grown is a combination of yeasts.

(That is not meant as any discouragement for you to harvest and grow the yeast....its always interesting to see the results from such experiments...its just an indication of the fact that it is unlikely that you will find the information you want)

Looks an interesting beer though...might have to try to get hold of some....where did you source yours from?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I bought from this place The World Beer, Craft Beer & Real Ale Shop in Barnsley

Latest posts

Back