Harvesting yeast from NEIPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fury_tea

Landlord.
Reaction score
So I recently brewed an NEIPA with Kveik, I was wondering if there's any kind of technique for harvesting the yeast when it's mixed with so much hops? I've transferred what was left in the fermenter into a demijohn and stuck that in the fridge for now.
received_423771155546662.jpeg

It's almost 4L of beer, yeast, trub and a good portion of hops. Is there any way to get the hops out? I was considering pouring it through muslin, would that leave me with enough yeast, do you think? Anyone had any success with this?

I cant help you with the yeast harvesting, my last neipa brew i done 20g ltr hops.I lost nearly 5ltrs to hop trub and yeast.Hops certainly like to soak up the beer.

I cant help you with the yeast harvesting, my last neipa brew i done 20g ltr hops.I lost nearly 5ltrs to hop trub and yeast.Hops certainly like to soak up the beer.

I put 250g in the whirlpool and 250g in the dry hop for what was a 19L batch. I've lost around 4L (that's a 5L demijohn)

Latest posts

Back