Has anybody already started to have problems with CO2 supply or price hikes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The producers don't really care about the split, they just care that (sales of fertiliser+sales of CO2) > cost.

I guess in economic terms, demand for fertiliser is more elastic than demand for CO2 (which is needed for nuclear reactors etc) so as the price goes up, demand for fertiliser decreases more than demand for CO2. So when selling prices have to go up because costs are high, there is more scope to increase CO2 prices than fertiliser prices.

I'm still waiting on a replacement cylinder from Install Oil near me in Edinburgh...

Called on Thurs 30th and they said they could do one for the following Wednesday. Called to confirm on the day and they didn't get a delivery, maybe Monday (today). Called today, and it might be Wednesday... No mention of a price rise (yet) at least.

I'm between cars at the minute too, so kinda stuck waiting on them as they deliver. asad1

Notice from Air Liquide to one of the major "craft" wholesalers :

And now an update - a 700% increase at wholesale level has led to rises of 56% for CO2 and 18% for 60/40 - in way that just shows how much of the cost is in all the fixed costs of rent, rates, staff etc rather than the stuff actually in the cylinder.

No but it may be the end of the beginning of the end 😁

Imagine going to ones boss and demanding an overnight 30% pay rise,One would soon get told where to go.

No but it may be the end of the beginning of the end 😁

Imagine going to ones boss and demanding an overnight 30% pay rise,One would soon get told where to go.
This is very true. But as with the rest of things in life , you have no control over it why waste the time and brain matter getting bent out of shape over it? Do you need the product. Yes. Can you get it else where. Maybe? Is it more expensive. Maybe? While you flit around trying to get the best deal you waste personal time while still fuming angry.How much is your personal time worth? For me my personal time is 60 pound an hour. Now the hour ive spent calling around for a 3 pound cheaper deal puts the gas up 60 pound. Worth it? No. Reminds me of my grandad. Drove 4 miles to save 6p on a can of beans. Totally missed the big picture.

I am my own boss and i did ask for a pay rise. After some back and fourthing my boss granted me a pay rise. I am progressive , i move with the world. It wants to charge me , i do the same. Im Sorry if i seem aragant but i do so get fed up with complaining about things that we have no control of. Id quote eddie murphy doing an impression of richard prior here but id be banned.

I had a lot of issues with getting replacement CO2 cylinders from the homebrew store that I bought it from.

Recently I reached out to a wholesale drinks supplier. He was okay with selling me 10kg cylinders for 30 euro (25 GBP) with a 120 euro deposit. Luckily my partner is quite understanding because the cylinder is huge and not exactly ornamental. I'm pretty happy with the price and quantity. Also the place is close by so I picked up the bottle by bike.

20211010_110654.jpg

Latest posts

Back