Has anyone brewed with CBD?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
I might be able to get my hands on some and I've always wanted to make a "cannabis" beer. Was wondering on the dosage for a 25l batch and when to add.

Thanks.

Not too sure what the oil would do in a recipe.
Most recipes I've seen call for herb.

On a side note Hops and Cannabis are a related.

I had one, it was drinkable but not worth asking the recipe. And all the active ingredients went skyward during the brew, so it's a novelty brew, nothing more.

You could make a tincture and add some in secondary.
Would add no flavour but may have some interesting side effects

Thanks for your replies. I would do it more for flavour than anything else, so maybe CBD isn't what I'm after. Guess I'll have to wait until it's legal for recreational uses...

Thanks for your replies. I would do it more for flavour than anything else, so maybe CBD isn't what I'm after. Guess I'll have to wait until it's legal for recreational uses...
I guess it is all about the Terpenes anyway. A cocktail of hops, culinary herbs and spices may get you to the same place (flavour wise).
Terpene-Chart-copy-2.png

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I guess it is all about the Terpenes anyway. A cocktail of hops, culinary herbs and spices may get you to the same place (flavour wise).
Terpene-Chart-copy-2.png

Thanks for sharing, this looks quite useful.

Oddly, dank/weed isn't my thing, but this beer got my attention the other day, purely out of curiosity as to how they go about formulating a recipe and what hop combination they used.

Some hops variety smell just like weed.
Centennial would be one that comes to mind

Latest posts

Back