Has anyone else just had enough?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know what's up with me lately, but I just have had ENOUGH.
I work from home 90% of the time, so it's not lockdown - itis, I have a good job, I enjoy (too much) home brew, I game online, all in all I haven't really had much change in my personal circumstances with covid.
But I am just feeling its all getting a bit much. I've had enough. I just want to crawl in to a corner sometimes and shut the bloody lot out.
Politics, brexit, covid, stroppy teenage daughter, wife.... The lot. They can all just **** off. Sick of this sodding 200 year old house never being finished, ****** off my neighbour is a prat, can't stand christmas!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrr
Grump mode definitely 'on'.

Anyone else just properly peeved at stuff at the moment? Or am I descending in to depression and need to give my head a wobble😜

First lockdown I felt like this fairly often. I was working from home for several months at the same time as looking after my 5 year old son who frankly doesn’t particularly like me lol. It doesn’t take much to irritate me and I had no idea what to do with the lad. Also I had to actually do some work at some point.

Home brew was frankly a massive blessing lol. And also I put on a **** ton of weight lol.

This lockdown the schools are still open (thank god) so I I can still go into work. Which I am so apathetic about several of my colleagues find it genuinely disturbing.

There have been grumpy days, grumpy weeks, and in fact probably a whole grumpy month. This year has been a series of ‘had enoughs’ to the point where it’s more like ‘don’t really give a ****’ lol
Highlight of my week this week? Apart from Thursdays of course where I’m allowed booze (and Fridays Saturdays and a bit on Sunday) yes folks, work gave us a Staff Satisfaction Survey.

Oh that was a HILARIOUS hour of my life lol

‘what could we do to improve your mental well being?’

That had me laughing for a good 2 minutes lol

I have been WAAAAAAAY past the depressed stage for about 8 years if I’m honest.

Anyway, point being, plenty of other people there along with you.

Last edited:
Agree Nick i feel exactly the same, with me the main thing is all the political ***** and how they know best do they feck and some were in all of this is an agenda to change how we live our lives, i am not a conspiricist it's just a nagging feeling in the back of my mind and it's pissing me off big time, like all these mini lock downs it's as obvious as the nose on your face they don't work, i would bet my house in january late on we will be back to square one after the 5 day break at christmas, i also agree with Sam on alchohol being a depressent, hang in there pal all will be well one day

I work from home 90% of the time, so it's not lockdown - itis, I have a good job, I enjoy (too much) home brew, I game online, all in all I haven't really had much change in my personal circumstances with covid.
But I am just feeling its all getting a bit much. I've had enough. I just want to crawl in to a corner sometimes and shut the bloody lot out.
Politics, brexit, covid, stroppy teenage daughter, wife.... The lot. They can all just p**s off. Sick of this sodding 200 year old house never being finished, p****d off my neighbour is a prat, can't stand christmas!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrr

Anyone else just properly peeved at stuff at the moment? Or am I descending in to depression and need to give my head a wobble😜
I can very much relate to this, even though our circumstances are very different.

I’ve had depression for many years but this year I think at times I have lost the plot - paranoia and anxiety etc. I’m pretty socially isolated and this doesn’t help.

I’m drinking far less now and that has definitely helped. Also swerved social media for a while too.

The good thing is that you are talking about it.

😀😀😀
Best bit of advice I would give is exercise out doors. Could be anything from running, cycling, surfing, swimming.
Also cut down on your alcohol intake, like it or not alcohol is a depressant. 👍👍
Well said!
I took up running back in March as the gym was closed down and absolutely love it. The missus has done many marathons over the years and if I’m honest I didn’t really like the runner types, thought they all took it to serious so stuck to the weights. But honestly just get up early and do it- it totally clears your head if all the garbage and makes you feel brilliant after.

This year has defo been bad for people’s mental health, but there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. I’m saying that as a small business owner who nearly went under due to the restrictions. Lost some of my best staff as had no work for them, lost my warehouse, it was bloody awful. But I dusted myself off, kept going and now I’m gradually getting back on my feet. No where near how it was and my big customers are either gone now or won’t hold events for years to come.

unfortunately the politics up here in Scotland is no where near settling down. I feel like everytime i switch on the news I have chairman mao dictating to me.

Well said!
I took up running back in March as the gym was closed down and absolutely love it. The missus has done many marathons over the years and if I’m honest I didn’t really like the runner types, thought they all took it to serious so stuck to the weights. But honestly just get up early and do it- it totally clears your head if all the garbage and makes you feel brilliant after.

This year has defo been bad for people’s mental health, but there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. I’m saying that as a small business owner who nearly went under due to the restrictions. Lost some of my best staff as had no work for them, lost my warehouse, it was bloody awful. But I dusted myself off, kept going and now I’m gradually getting back on my feet. No where near how it was and my big customers are either gone now or won’t hold events for years to come.

unfortunately the politics up here in Scotland is no where near settling down. I feel like everytime i switch on the news I have chairman mao dictating to me.
Running is great for clearing your head, as for politics don't even start. I live in N. Ireland they can't agree what day of the week it is over here.

Politics, brexit, covid, stroppy teenage daughter, wife.... The lot. They can all just p**s off. Sick of this sodding 200 year old house never being finished, p****d off my neighbour is a prat, can't stand christmas!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrr

To be honest, I've felt pretty much exactly like that all my life, I tend to just do what I can and hope the next day will be a better one.

Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't, it's easier said than done but focussing on things you can change for the better and doing your best to accept the stuff you can't alter in any way is a pretty worthwhile approach, also if all else fails I find meditating for twenty minutes a day does wonders (not everyone's cup of tea but, you never know, it works for me).

Its all a state of mind, we have just come out of 111 days lock down complete with curfew and travel no more than 5 k. Just got to keep the thoughts positive.

1607039049010.png

Anyone feeling low or down should speak to their GP or at least talk to someone outside their immediate circle. The Samaritans will always listen and won't lecture you. As others said, exercise is known to help - even walking.

Anyone feeling low or down should speak to their GP or at least talk to someone outside their immediate circle. The Samaritans will always listen and won't lecture you. As others said, exercise is known to help - even walking.
I absolutely agree that those who need help should talk to their GP, but I do think that there is quite a bit of difference between 'feeling low or down' and having a mental illness that requires medical intervention. In my opinion it is perfectly normal to feel low and down within the current situation and at this time of year. Really good advice on here about exercise, getting outside, eating well, cutting down on booze, connecting with other people. The most important thing, I think, is to recognise how you are feeling and then take action to address your well-being

Completely understand. Carry my black dog with me most of the time, mostly a small dog but some times a big dog.
Would have to say Samale's suggestion of exercise is a good one and it doesnt have to be rigourous gym workouts, just 30 minutes walking or cycling in the fresh air. Does not make things go away completely but I do always feel a bit better afterwards and the time to yourself out of the house gives you time to think.
Other things I do find lift my mood are, in no particular order, have a good chat/drink with mates ( phone or zoom), going for a ride on my motorbike, counting my blessings, watching a favourite comedy, making small plans to improve my lot, doesnt have to be big changes, just something that moves one aspect of my life in the right direction.
As you can tell from the many responses, you are not alone. Best wishes to you.
If it all gets too much, call the samaritans, maybe a kinder ear than the your GP?

Last edited:
but I do think that there is quite a bit of difference between 'feeling low or down' and having a mental illness that requires medical intervention.
Yes, but that's for a GP to decide, not you or me. There must be many borderline depressives who won't see their GP and a GP would rather chat to a patient who was exaggerating than learn of someone who takes their own life. Some of the posts on here sound quite in despair to me.

First lockdown was fine - weather was good, replaced the gym with the bike for exercise, enjoyed working from home with the kids here. This time has been bad. Gym closed, weather dreadful, spent the last month sitting on the sofa doing nowt but drinking, eating and getting fat. Work went through a redundancy cycle and we shed 25% of the workforce, I was lucky but it's made me worry about if/when it'll happen again.

Now the lockdown is over things are looking up again, reduced boozing, back in the gym, trying to be a bit more useful round the house etc. It's little things that help, but it's a fine line keeping depression at bay.

Yes, but that's for a GP to decide, not you or me. There must be many borderline depressives who won't see their GP and a GP would rather chat to a patient who was exaggerating than learn of someone who takes their own life. Some of the posts on here sound quite in despair to me.
I'm not suggesting that it is for you and I, it is for the individual themselves to decide as they would for any other form of illness. But I agree that talking is the most important thing.

Back