Has temperature data been changed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Climate change has always existed. The cause of it is debatable. It’s like eggs and lard....one minute they’re the spawn of the devil the next they’re ok...I’m just off to make some eggs and lard on toast...

Nasa would disagree with you https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

TLDR

"The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is extremely likely (greater than 95 percent probability) to be the result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented over decades to millennia."

Very true, but what has carbon dioxide got to do with pollution? Mankind's contribution to total atmospheric CO2 is a truly miniscule amount to what is already no more than a trace gas. Without it there would be no life. Most of ours comes from the burning of fossil fuels - upon which we have built our civilisation and upon which we depend. Fossil fuels are finite, just like our very existence if alternatives aren't found. CO2 is the convenient tool to scare the masses into change. Fine... but the connection with climate and cataclysmic consequences is pure fantasy.
Yes, we have built our civilisations using fossil fuels. Luckily, we found out just what they did to us. Hasn't yet stopped many people from profiteering with them, though, and with profiteering on pollutants comes....

Meanwhile, right now, on the BBC (lol) news website, there's a story about how eating less red meat would save 6000 lives a year, and incidentally if we all had just one portion a week it would help tackle climate change. For ****'* sake.

On the great global warming swindle (a quick google finds it) it is said that the co2 levels are linked to temperature but that the co2 levels lag 800 years behind temperature increases. This means that temperature increases cause more co2 to be released rather than the other way round. So what warms/cools the earth? - clouds or lack of... and what effects clouds....? - See what you think of the program. I had an open mind and could see both sides of the argument but IF true the evidence presented and the political aspect to it have swayed me. ashock1 This could turn out to be another 'brexit type thread....' - quick duck...

Meanwhile, right now, on the BBC (lol) news website, there's a story about how eating less red meat would save 6000 lives a year, and incidentally if we all had just one portion a week it would help tackle climate change. For ****'* sake.

now's the time to ask any veggies you know if they'll take up eating meat to save the planet :laugh8:

Ok,what about when the earth was covered in active volcanoes? Did this not pollute everything?
Yes, no doubt it did. About 5 miles west of me the cliffs are covered in lava that has come from a volcano. It will have polluted the whole area but it did it as part of nature. We generate pollution and we know pretty well just what we're doing - and those of us that do it are too greedy, they want to sell oil or dig coal. They'll tell each and every one of us that wind, solar or tidal power don't work. Wonder what powers my kettle and my central heating?

Ok,what about when the earth was covered in active volcanoes? Did this not pollute everything?
The earth was "covered in active volcanoes" before life began, so it wasn't such a big deal. Since there though, yes, absolutely, volcanic activity has been implicated in several mass extinctions.

On the great global warming swindle (a quick google finds it) it is said that the co2 levels are linked to temperature but that the co2 levels lag 800 years behind temperature increases. This means that temperature increases cause more co2 to be released rather than the other way round. So what warms/cools the earth? - clouds or lack of... and what effects clouds....?

Temperature and CO2 level affect each other. An increase in temperature causes more CO2 to be released, and an increase in CO2 causes the temperature to rise. The pattern of ice ages is caused by the earth's orbit. When we come out of an ice age, the temperature goes up, which releases CO2, which increases the temperature further. While the CO2 increase does lag after the initial warming when coming out an ice age, most of the warming occurs after the CO2 increases.

Venus....what holds the gasses to the planet? Is it gravity?

Yes, unless you believe that it is the will of the people of Venus or their imaginary friends.

The gasses are strangely aided by a magnetic field generated by an iron core which deflects nasty stuff that the sun emits. The magnetic field on Mars has failed due to the fact that it is a bit smaller than the earth and Venus, so lost its heat faster causing the core to solidify earlier. Plus Venus is closer to the sun and Mars further away. That might help a bit too, in explaining temperature differences.

I got all this from the Arthur Mee Encyclopaedias I browsed when I was ten.

Meanwhile, right now, on the BBC (lol) news website, there's a story about how eating less red meat would save..........
Classic. When you're losing the argument (I won't glorify it to a debate), then change the subject quickly and try to shoot another straw dog.

Classic. When you're losing the argument (I won't glorify it to a debate), then change the subject quickly and try to shoot another straw dog.

Um... exactly what the BBC did in that very article, you mean? They do it a lot these days - use one story as a trojan horse to slip something about climate change in. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Just out of curiousity, why would the overwhelming majority of scientist concur with Global Warming???
What are they getting out of it?

Have they all bought shares in Air Conditioning companies?

Just out of curiousity, why would the overwhelming majority of scientist concur with Global Warming???
What are they getting out of it?

Have they all bought shares in Air Conditioning companies?

What Clint said. Governments can't just say climate change is happening and it's very bad and leave it at that. There's got to be figures and evidence from scientists - the more the better. Guess who pays them? Why are there so many independent scientists who oppose this crapola but who are effectively silenced? What do they have to gain from that, apart from integrity and conviction and not toeing the party line to secure an income?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back