Has temperature data been changed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all scientists around the world have secret meetings and decide what to make up evidence on, because the government is paying all scientists around the world, and all scientists are keeping it a secret.

It's interesting, my father in law who is a professor of immunology at a top UK university has a hard time getting gov't grants to do research. Maybe he went into the wrong field, should have done climate change.

Let me introduce you to Occam's razor: the simplest solution is the most likely one.

The world is going through climate change because independently that's what many relevant scientists (including NASA) have discovered.

OR

There is a secret agreement with the government and climate scientists to fudge data which is secret, kept by thousands of people, despite the fact the government can just increase taxes anyway.

I'm skeptical about scientific discovery to some degree.
Whether (weather) or not man-made global warming is real, we should be taking as good of care of Earth as is possible.

Whether (weather) or not man-made global warming is real, we should be taking as good of care of Earth as is possible.

I'll go with that, but where does CO2, the gas of life, come into it? Our puny input won't change a thing, and it certainly isn't a pollutant. Hope the PTB don't twig how much we brewers produce during our endeavours or we'll be next on the hitlist. Ye - that's how ridiculous it has all become. Think on.

Let me introduce you to Occam's razor: the simplest solution is the most likely one.

Surely, you can't be serious. Not in this day and age. I vaguely recall an item in the Private Eye many years ago, which went something along the lines of:
"I believe that I am persuaded by your loquacious argument, Mr Justice Cocklecroft. I can see that your suggestion that Princess Diana was murdered by a triumvirate - namely Prince Philip, Darth Vader and the Chief Dalek, does indeed have considerable merit".
Unfortunately, things don't seem to have improved in the intervening years, and Occam must be getting increasingly bearded!!

Surely, you can't be serious. Not in this day and age. I vaguely recall an item in the Private Eye many years ago, which went something along the lines of:
"I believe that I am persuaded by your loquacious argument, Mr Justice Cocklecroft. I can see that your suggestion that Princess Diana was murdered by a triumvirate - namely Prince Philip, Darth Vader and the Chief Dalek, does indeed have considerable merit".
Unfortunately, things don't seem to have improved in the intervening years, and Occam must be getting increasingly bearded!!

Climate change is a hard pill to swallow for a lot of people: we're destroying the planet through our consumerist habits and the only way to stop this is to make drastic changes. It's not what people want to hear so I think they put up a mental block to this, and when someone comes along and presents misinterpreted data saying it's not actually happening, that can be favourable to many. Unfortunately this means people throw logic out the window and occams razor isn't used in the thought process. Reintroducing it can sometimes help.

Climate change is a hard pill to swallow for a lot of people

Not me - I could not care less. That's cos it ain't doing anything out of the ordinary, whether that's cos of us or not! Occam's razor huh, the principle that the simplest theory is often the correct one, or summat like that. The normal changes that we've observed ( but led to believe are anything but normal ) are due to solar activity. Simple. There's nothing new under 'it'.

Not me - I could not care less. That's cos it ain't doing anything out of the ordinary, whether that's cos of us or not! Occam's razor huh, the principle that the simplest theory is often the correct one, or summat like that. The normal changes that we've observed ( but led to believe are anything but normal ) are due to solar activity. Simple. There's nothing new under 'it'.
Can you back that up with evidence from a reputable source? Because if you scroll up, click on the NASA link I posted you'll see their research says differently.

Current science is nice, it can be useful and I'd like to believe that it is mostly correct. But, science takes way more credit, professes way more accuracy than it technically has. Yes, much of it is cut and dry, but heck, you have to admit, there's a LOT of flavor-of-the-month going on in numerous areas.
Again, my point of taking care of the planet: we should, we must because it's logical and the right thing to do. We don't need some possible, potential catastrophe to get us motivated.

Current science is nice, it can be useful and I'd like to believe that it is mostly correct. But, science takes way more credit, professes way more accuracy than it technically has. Yes, much of it is cut and dry, but heck, you have to admit, there's a LOT of flavor-of-the-month going on in numerous areas.
Again, my point of taking care of the planet: we should, we must because it's logical and the right thing to do. We don't need some possible, potential catastrophe to get us motivated.

I like an ex-greenpeace founders saying... "grow more trees use more wood". An increase in co2 levels to 1000-2000ppm co2 will help plantlife to grow more assuming we haven't deforested/wiped it out first. The planet really doesn't care about us and whether we survive or go extinct like many other species before. If we don't control our population growth or consumption it will be done for us by nature!

he planet really doesn't care about us and whether we survive or go extinct like many other species before. If we don't control our population growth or consumption it will be done for us by nature!
Not the happiest viewpoint I've seen today or recently, but, okay.
Don't you care whether humanity survives? I thought that was a given but maybe I shouldn't assume.
I'm just thinking, since we are able to think and the Earth doesn't, that we should take responsibility for our playing field (Earth).
I'm not opposed to any logical, positive, pro-survival solution such as a couple planning to have, on their own, fewer kids? Sure. Seems prudent.
I'm not seeing being responsible for our actions as being controversial.

If this mild weather is proof of GW it'll do for me as I don't work in a heated office.

Yes I am joking wink...

@davidfromUS

I do agree we should look after our planet and reducing the hole in the ozone layer caused by CFC's - would indicate we can make a difference. When the worst of the CFC's were removed by banning them in the USA, I watched a tv documentary that showed some US car owners taking their car across the border to mexico, to re-gas the air con there with the cheaper but more polluting gas. asad1

Sure - it couldn't have been a massive issue as you'd only be talking about it being worthwhile to those living close to the border to do but it did inform about human nature. And the size of the hole was not closing as much as it should have been which has been linked to illegal production of these cfcs in China. So whilst I try and make as many good (or less bad) choices as I can, there's another side to the coin. Sure, I hope humanity survives. I do sometimes wonder if it will. aunsure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back