Has temperature data been changed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did everything grow to super size during the time of the dinosaurs...?

They weren't so big the people who were around then were very small, they made them that big in the films so they are scary.

Ah that's explained a lot! I thought it was due to the elevated oxygen levels in the atmosphere caused by the huge co2 levels from volcanic action then conversion to oxygen by the forests etc...or did I see that in Jurrasic Park..??

I know you're taking the mick, be here goes anyway

Except that they aren't. We know exactly the ratio of carbon isotopes in plants, fossil fuels and pre-industrial air, and they're all different, so we can take samples now and work out what proportion comes from which source. About half of the billions of tonnes of CO2 we've released by burning fossil fuels is in the air and about half has been dissolved in the oceans. In total, about a third of the CO2 in the air comes from us burning fossil fuels.

I'm sure the climate modellers had never considered that it had something to do with the sun or water! You should send them an email. Anyway, we aren't talking about "long term" models, changes over thousands of years, but things happening in 10s or 100s of years.

I don't think anyone thinks CO2 is evil, but the stuff from fermentation is a) negligible, and b) green because the carbon was taken out of the atmosphere by the barley in the first place.

sorry IainM , with regards to the models by long term I meant 10-100 years. And plants grow better in 800ppm co2 than 400ppm c02.

Unfortunately the climate models are not accurate enough for the government to be making policy decisions on, but that doesn't stop them. :(

I recall the fiasco with the government's advisory committee regarding the safe level of alcohol consumption. The scientists said they did not have enough data to recommend a limit. The government said " we can't risk an epidemic of liver failure in 20 years time - so they guessed. Now there are scientific advisors to signed up to those limits. - science & politics = bad outcome. I read a very good WHO report which did have more data to back it up than the uk's botch job. WHO said under 35 units low risk to health. 35 to less than 53 a medium risk and over 53 a high risk. - Try and find that report now, you get re-directed to a totally different report. A big clue was that every country had different 'safe' limits. - They all had a different guess?

What about 5 a day? - Apparently you need 10 a day but again it was thought no-one would listen to that. So they thought it would be better than nothing.

So fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I would not deny we are warming up seeing as we've just emerged from a colder period of history. However I do take exception when we are told its ALL our fault and yet the models being used are not accurate enough. Dyson Freeman said we do have an effect but we don't really know how much.

At least Issac Newton was able to reasonably accurately describe planetary motion, until the errors in it were corrected by a Mr. Einstein. Butr newtons predictions very pretty close to the truth. The climate models are not.

It's like those eggs...one minute they're good for you...then they're not...then they are!
Don't get me started on Readybrek...since they took the golden glow away after you've eaten it I've been freezing me knackers off!

I would not deny we are warming up seeing as we've just emerged from a colder period of history.

It's no coincidence that we are told that 'global warming' started around the time the Little Ice Age ended. How convenient. Where else was the temperature supposed to go from there, except up? And all those damn Xmas cards with snowy scenes, making folk think that snow was a given in late December but global warming must have seen them off, when white Easters are statistically more common! Gaah!!

It's no coincidence that we are told that 'global warming' started around the time the Little Ice Age ended.

The Little Ice Age ended in the mid-19th century.

Did Palmerston or Gladstone start the CO2 conspiracy?

Did the American Civil War start when the South realised Lincoln & the Republicans were planning to use global warming to raise taxes on cotton?

This makes the Global Warming Conspiracy over 150 years old.

Gaah, indedd.

The Little Ice Age ended in the mid-19th century.
This makes the Global Warming Conspiracy over 150 years old.

Gaah, indedd.

Ye. The graphs which the warmists are so fond of showing us, have a starting point around 1850.... when temps began to recover at the end of the LIA. Double gaah!

Oh right.

And all world governments are involved?
Would that include all the political parties?
And all the climate scientists?
Since 1850?

To raise taxes.

Fair enough. Makes sense.
Gaah.

It's not just about taxes. It's about the control of vital commodities...food and water.
Sorry, you lost me there Clint. Could you make it a bit more clear? How does fabricating evidence about global warming enable any control over food and water? Again, no antagonism intended here, I seriously don't understand what you are suggesting. But I would like to.

I feel in the future the value of certain now considered valuable things will change...
The biggest being water and food. Whoever controls these controls the world and it's population..moreso than oil.
Apparent "lack" of these things can suppress availability,drive value,destroy and control population.
A cause is needed to justify and implement.
"Water (safe drinking water) is now very expensive/scarce/non existent..because of global warming,we told you so,pay or die".
Sounds fanciful...mass population reduction,no conscience,no blame.

I feel in the future the value of certain now considered valuable things will change...
The biggest being water and food. Whoever controls these controls the world and it's population..moreso than oil.
Apparent "lack" of these things can suppress availability,drive value,destroy and control population.
A cause is needed to justify and implement.
"Water (safe drinking water) is now very expensive/scarce/non existent..because of global warming,we told you so,pay or die".
Sounds fanciful...mass population reduction,no conscience,no blame.
Don't ever see that happening - I can't remember the phrase exactly but it's something along the lines of society being only 3 meals away from anarchy. It doesn't take too much to set off proper civil unrest, hunger and thirst will do that.

It's like those eggs...one minute they're good for you...then they're not...then they are!

The same with wine Clint one minute it's good for you in moderation the next we drop from a maximum of 14 units a week to zero.

Oh right.

And all world governments are involved?
Would that include all the political parties?
And all the climate scientists?
Since 1850?

To raise taxes.

Fair enough. Makes sense.
Gaah.

I never mentioned taxes. But ye, it took them a long while to cotton on to the idea of 'using' CO2 to control a lot of things.
Meanwhile, looks like we'll have to curb nitrogen and oxygen too if this guy is right. Best chop all the rainforests down to save the planet.

https://www.academia.edu/37577750/Quantum_Mechanics_and_Raman_Spectroscopy_Refute_Greenhouse_Theory

It's the Illuminati you know. Lol. Have you never heard the phrase 'green taxes'? More to the point, have you had time to read the short article I linked to? CO2, the minute trace gas, is used because it can be used as a tool to control, yet compared in volume to nitrogen, oxygen, water vapour (which is a far more efficient 'greenhouse gas' than CO2 ) etc, it's like taking a p*** in a swimming pool. Talking about taking a p***....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back