Have THBC stopping delivering to UK?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheffieldBrew

Reaction score
I was just checking an order I've got outstanding with THBC and there's now a banner saying they're no longer delivering to UK addresses.

I'm assuming this is part of the new VAT business

Lets hope that eventually changes, after the maltmiller they are the only other company I use.

I was just checking an order I've got outstanding with THBC and there's now a banner saying they're no longer delivering to UK addresses.
I'm assuming this is part of the new VAT business

@PerthRod posted this earlier in the GetErBrewed thread.

I normally use THBC - but when I tried to place an order it advised that they are no longer accepting UK addresses for payment/shipping. So it's F**k you THBC, I've just placed my first order with Geterbrewed - fingers crossed !

Last edited:
It says when you add your shipping address. Hopefully it is temporary whilst they make amendments to their business model and site

It's most probably DPD who are causing this *****. They won't deliver into or out of Ireland. I suspect THBC are at least as pisssed off as you are.
On the other hand GEB have had to go to that complete bunch of crooks, DHL to ship anything to Europe, at £32 a bag of malt instead of £12. I've gone back to THBC.
Fcuk DPD. They're showing themselves to be the cherry picking lazy bastrards they really are.

Fortunately, I had the foresight to get 2 years stock in against such an eventuality.

I'm not sure it's their choice. Obviously the economics of the situation have changed so they've withdrawn their UK offering. I'm sure this upsets them more than us as it's a comparatively big market they're losing.

Then again if they've accepted an order taken money and are not fulfilling it that's a different matter but otherwise we can perhaps allow a little forbearance.

I think a lot of stuff is going to be tough for a lot of people

I’ve mailed them asking for a refund let’s see what happens. The thing is they have a wider choice of malts compared with GEB.

Reply from THBC
Hi,

The orders are taking longer due to the custom clearance processes due to Brexit.

You can track your order using code:

THBC have 2 sites, .ie priced in € Euros and .co.uk price in £ Pounds its not just you are using the Irish site is it?
So have GEB. I think it's a question of where the orders are picked up. If its NI it's ok for the UK, but if it's Ireland it's OK for Europe, but not ok for the UK.

My order with thbs is showing as dispatched, but I have absolutely no idea if it will turn up. Ordered before brexit by 3 days!
I sent them a mail asking for a tracking reference but not had anything back yet.

Just had a gleek on their website and as mentioned it's down to delivery and clearance of orders.I have been in contact with Shane quite a few times and they are a genuine bunch and if they were shutting down permanently orders to the UK as a sponsor @Chippy_Tea would get notified but instead they have a notification on their website which says
"
We have temporarily suspended shipping orders to the UK until we clear our backlog.

Online orders are operating as normal once again. Please allow up to 48 hours for dispatch.

We thank you for your support, your patience and for now stay strong, stay safe, protect yourself and others!

The Homebrew Company Team.

Welcome to The Homebrew Company's, Home Brewing & Wine Making Equipment shop

We hope you like it. We are the UKs newest homebrew beer and wine website. We supply everything you need for anything you want to brew. As brewers ourselves, we have the knowledge to go along with the products. We cater for the beginner homebrewer right through to the seasoned professional.

Have a look at our Gift Ideas for the ideal gift this every occasion!

Delivery £7.95 on all orders to UK mainland.
For Enquires email:

[email protected]"

As can be seen at the bottom is a contact email if anyone has any issues.
I shall forward a query with a link attached to see if we can get further clarification.

@Gerryjo I may have misread your post above but to clatify GEB sponsor the forum THBC don't.
You've got that the other way around or has the cheat sheet not been updated
1hbfuk8
Screenshot_20210113_071225_com.android.chrome.jpg

GEB may be a forum sponsor but don't offer discount.

Latest posts

Back