Have THBC stopping delivering to UK?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah right! Confused...me? So....is there a £ value limit until they start charging the import tax?
I think for clarification maybe these companies could indicate this charge (unless they have and I can't see it) on their shipping details page...or provide a link. Chinese sellers on eBay are now starting to state an import tax on the sale of 21%.

It isn’t GEB or THBC that charge. It’s the courier on behalf of the government when the goods cross over to our side of the border.
Hi, our couriers should not be charging our customers anything extra, there is no extra tariffs and service shouldn't be affected from a GEB point of view. Let me know if anything different is happening please, Thanks Jonathan

Is it the same from THBC though?

As to Chinese companies charging VAT now - that's courtesy of the UK government. You spend money, they want a cut, and anyone exporting to the UK have to charge you for it and pass it on to the UK government. But at least you can be glad you're making a contribution to the communal good.

Is anyone having trouble logging into their account with THBC. They seemed to have switched off my password ie it doesn't recognise it. And yes it is correct. I have tried resetting the password with no luck. I live in Scotland.

Is anyone having trouble logging into their account with THBC. They seemed to have switched off my password ie it doesn't recognise it. And yes it is correct. I have tried resetting the password with no luck. I live in Scotland.
Just tried. No problems.
Do you want my password? Maybe it works better. :laugh8:

Check which address your logging into my account is .co.uk not .ie and it works fine.

Looks like the long delays recently experienced for deliveries from THBC have been sorted. I placed an order for £64 worth of grains on the 1 Feb 21 and it has just been delivered to (NE Scotland) now 8 Feb21. A total of 8 days which is about the same time as it took last year. A happy brewer.

Just heard from klarstein they have stopped exporting to the UK the courier won't deliver to the UK because of customs requirements.

Just tagging on to this thread as my order from THBC placed on Saturday 10th April was dispatched on Monday 12th but then I got a message from DPD on Wednesday 14th to say my item had been delayed and was at a hub in Birmingham. There has been no update since and DPD can’t trace its whereabouts. I contacted Shane at THBC yesterday who emailed the carrier for an update but neither of us have had a reply from them. On a chat with DPD this morning they said they would need to open an investigation and asked me for a description of the item. I told them I’d be guessing as I have never seen it!,

Just tagging on to this thread as my order from THBC placed on Saturday 10th April was dispatched on Monday 12th but then I got a message from DPD on Wednesday 14th to say my item had been delayed and was at a hub in Birmingham. There has been no update since and DPD can’t trace its whereabouts. I contacted Shane at THBC yesterday who emailed the carrier for an update but neither of us have had a reply from them. On a chat with DPD this morning they said they would need to open an investigation and asked me for a description of the item. I told them I’d be guessing as I have never seen it!,

Just had an email from DPD to say my item is due for delivery tomorrow but the tracking status still hasn’t been updated since 14th. Fingers crossed. 🤞

Latest posts

Back