Having a dabble...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cushyno

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Don't know for what reason I decided to have a dabble at this brewing business (except for liking a good pint or two).

I ordered a couple of kits back in May and started off a Festival Landlord at just about the right time before the heat wave. Not all bottles have made it through the conditioning phase due to needing to quench a thirst on occasion.

I had the odd bit of kit left over from wine making a few years back so put that to good use and kept setup costs to a minimum. A couple of investments such as a STC-1000, an old fridge for a tenner off Gumtree and a large SS stockpot, left me with no excuse not to try my first simple AG brew last weekend.

So the deed is done. One kit and AG#1 in the logbook and can't wait to see how it all turns out.

I couldn't have done it without the help of this forum with all your words of wisdom and encouragement to each other. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bottoms up!
Chris

I called mine AG#1, too. What style did you make. And how much of a fiasco was it? I'm getting excited thinking back to it again. Good for you.

Oh yes, very much the fiasco. Including last minute mods to the mash syphon tube, several cases of losing count while measuring out water/liquor (must remember to make a measuring stick before next brew), and an extremely slow sparging process, it took well over 4 hours for a 2.5 gallon batch. Actually, it was probably over 5 hours.

At least I had the house to myself and a beautiful sunny day on which to be stuck in the kitchen. ;)
Thanks Drunkula.

Hoping the style will be a best bitter, but it looks a shade on the dark side so far.

Latest posts

Back