Hazelwood Brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was busy over the weekend so didn’t get to try my conditioning beers. Gave them a try this evening.

The plum porter is looking, smelling, and tasting mostly as it should. Still just a little more plum flavouring than I would like but it’s still quite a young beer at seven weeks - plenty of time to mellow.

436EAAD0-341B-4E14-94D6-50DE1A80E036.jpeg

At six weeks I’d hoped the Trinity brown ale would be clear but it’s still quite murky. The one good thing I can say is that I didn’t have to throw the sample away after trying it. I do know this is a nice ale in the end but it’s being an **** at the moment and taking too long!

BDA43ADB-A394-4DA0-B0A6-8290833F4296.jpeg

Two weeks conditioned is this Dunkel based on a recipe from @strange-steve . It has a good malty flavour. There’s also a slight tartness but it’s faded since my last taste. First time I’ve made this beer do I don’t know if I did something to cause this or if it’s a normal trait of this beer.

67D632C0-11A6-4574-A642-995AD27C7FAB.jpeg

Interesting reading, which makes me think I am drinking my beer far too young. I bottle all my beer. What's your conditioning time for light and hoppy beer and your darker beer like a porter

You've got this Mr Brewery Sir, get a wet TV times (other tv guides available) to the ones that haven't cleared and thrash them to within an ABV of their lives. Also do it again if necessary athumb..

Interesting reading, which makes me think I am drinking my beer far too young. I bottle all my beer. What's your conditioning time for light and hoppy beer and your darker beer like a porter

Most beers 6-8 weeks, darker beers up to three months typically. It does depend on the beer though, my Festival ale is quite drinkable now - but I know it will get much better given time.

I got no chance.... although..my current mission is to fill all 300+ bottles I have plus my PBS if I can resist the urge to burn them..and then to have a rolling stock of empties of around 50 ready to go.

Oh it's a faff alright...roll on the cornies..
Best thing you can do IMHO just bought 3 at the minute and I will be getting a couple more in the near future. I said to the wife I'm going to bottle and when I went back to the kitchen she said 'did you not bother then' I remarked it's done, kegging is so easy.

Tonight I’m kegging the bitter I started in post #118. It finished at 1010 so is 4.4% as I’d hoped. This is me kegging the beer less than half an hour ago.

B789BAE8-B234-4A1E-A707-AA37B9C3F1A4.jpeg

Ten minutes ago I gassed the keg with a 8g CO2 bulb.

This is the beer five minutes later. I am absolutely astounded. It’s already clear and the flavour is beautiful - really nutty. My wife tasted it and wouldn’t give it back! This beer was fermenting half an hour ago and I would happily drink a pint right now. ashock1

60F013CC-646A-4E22-BBD5-C5776C3105EE.jpeg

Back