Hazelwood Brewday

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Benfleet Brewery

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today I was planning to dry hop Summer Breeze and keg my latest batch of stout but I managed to hurt my back so that will have to wait until at least tomorrow. A hazard of getting older - drying myself after having a shower. WTF!
😂
I know what you mean, I pulled a muscle in my back a few weeks ago wringing out a tea towel 😳

Hazelwood Brewery

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My back has eased today so I was able to dry hop Summer Breeze and keg my latest batch of stout.

This is Summer Breeze in the main section of my brewshed and held at 12C. It was dry hopped with 50g Citra pellets, the head space was flushed with CO2 through the hole in the lid, and a balloon partially inflated with CO2 fitted. It will stay here like this until Friday when I will keg it.

B6EEB67D-036B-470E-8BF2-227FBFC9EE21.jpeg

The stout reached a final gravity of 1020 which is a point higher than last time but otherwise looks, smells, and tastes the same. This is now carbonating and conditioning in the brewshed for when my current keg of stout runs out - not that I’m running low just yet.

0104E9F1-E7A3-45B9-AB53-04A77FB1DB6F.jpeg

dcbrookes

Reaction score
Well today I was planning to dry hop Summer Breeze and keg my latest batch of stout but I managed to hurt my back so that will have to wait until at least tomorrow. A hazard of getting older - drying myself after having a shower. WTF!
I have had back trouble for years and have now organised things so I don't have to lift anything heavy. It is one of the reasons why I will have no truck with cold crashing etc., - there is no way I am going to lift a 23 litre fermenter in and out of a fridge!

Latest posts