Hazelwood Brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be curious to see that too I just added the dry hops for a batch of what I suppose would now be called ‘classic’ or ‘original’ summer breeze (the recipe you posted in its own thread) which of its anything like my previous attempts should be very nice indeed but curious how much it’s moved on from their.

What is your current recommendation on recipe? I fancy trying Summer Breeze but the recipe keeps evolving before I get around to it!

They could actually be different beers and which you prefer will depend on taste.

Version 1 is orange-amber in colour, has a malty backbone, is hoppy, and is sweeter than later variants.

Version 2 is much lighter coloured, a little less malty, more fruity, and less sweet.

Version 3 is still in development and is more juicy than version 2 with a softer mouthfeel.

Which one most appeals to you?

A quick update in this thread on project stuff. I noted previously that I need to upgrade the cooling system for my brew-shed because the small PC fans were not producing sufficient air flow through the heat-exchanger. I decided to use a car radiator fan and build a bespoke enclosure for it.

92D3A637-311B-4152-A22C-E6D314CFDF14.jpeg
7439C464-6F08-478D-84E0-64A15C564497.jpeg

Having fitted it, it turns out I’m getting virtually no more air flow through the heat exchanger despite a massive increase in air flow from this bigger fan. The heat exchanger matrix restricts air-flow to virtually nothing allowing the heat exchanger to get so cold it freezes over.

My next attempt will still use the bigger fan but I’m going to replace the small heat exchanger with a car radiator. Today I’ve sourced and ordered the parts.

I’ll bring you further updates and photos as the project unfolds.

Anyone following the thread might remember I was going to increase capacity of my fermentation cabinet. I’ve now bought the few bits I need for that so will soon make a start.

The objective for this one is to increase capacity to allow me to ferment 4 beers at once rather than 2 (current capacity) because I’m struggling to keep up with demand.

As a consequence of increasing fermentation capacity and of introducing corny kegs into my setup last year I no longer have room for as many King Kegs in the brew-shed. This is fine because of course some of the beers that were in King Kegs are now in corny kegs so I’ve been running these down in order to retire some.

As I’ve retired some of my King Kegs I am now almost ready to change the internal layout of my brew-shed to better suit the new arrangement. Before and after shots will again be posted.

Latest posts

Back