HBC Giveaway Bruphoria Davey Crocketts Hop Rocket

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niman

Reaction score
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3502&stc=1&d=1448043416

Firstly thanks to the HBC for the kit and ManseMasher for organising.

contents of kit
2 cans of extract
bag brewing sugar
bottle a
foil pack of hop tea bags
gervin yeast
Instructions.

Been a while since i did a kit.

Instructions easy to follow,

pretty much as per any kit, put cans in warm water to soften up.

boil some water (in this case 2 litres in a pan along with the sugar)

add mixture to fermenter mix in extract top up to 22 litres add contents of bottle A.

at this point i couldnt resist taking a taste of bottle A (spent the next hour trying to get the taste out of my mouth...very bitter)

add yeast...(first time ive used Gervin)

place somewhere warm , wait 10 days . add hop teabags to boiling water then add....bottle 4 days later.

according to the website this is going to be north of 6% and 60ish ibu's

i maybe would have liked an idea of gravity readings.

will report back as time progresses.

i did fill a trial jar but it was a tad foamy well over 1.050 so the ABV is prob going to be about right,

taste sample of trial jar....fairly sweet ive definately put wort with a lot more bitterness into a bucket.

hoprocket.jpg

I find it hard not to sample stuff...but that was just so bitter and delayed took like 10 seconds then lots of face pulling and looking for something to kill it..

should add when boiling water added they held up fine....i was just so tempted to flatten the bags out.....glad i didnt....im tempted to keg this and force carb to speed things up.

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3774&stc=1&d=1449526735

Bottled this on sat night .....had a few too many so must check how many i got...

tasted trial jar...its hoppy......had removed the hop tea bags after 4 days..couldn't bottle that night...

the yeast cake was very solid was nice to be able to tip and it not move ...literally no waste..

must bring a few into the house to carb up cause at the minute its taking ages in shed...

yeastcake.jpg

OK i need some volunteers

to sample and post opinions

have ordered a number of bottle mailers a la dads_ale bottle swap

so looking a few people to try the beer but need feedback on the thread..

was bottled just over a week ago....but in a shed so might need the standard 2 weeks inside to carb.then time to settle

i want the packaging back if it has a beer in it all the better......

the one that dads_ale did i sent pet , the boxes are grand for either...postage was the same for glass to be sent to me and pet returned.....just under £3 second class from memory..

Hi folks,

Forgive my ignorance with the following. This has been bubbling away like a demon in the cupboard for the last 10 days and I'm due to add the hops.

Says to boil the teabags and then add the contents of the cup to the brew, but I don't know whether they mean to dump the teabags into the fermenter too! Or just the hop tea in the cup?

Help!

Hi folks,

Forgive my ignorance with the following. This has been bubbling away like a demon in the cupboard for the last 10 days and I'm due to add the hops.

Says to boil the teabags and then add the contents of the cup to the brew, but I don't know whether they mean to dump the teabags into the fermenter too! Or just the hop tea in the cup?

Help!

Add them to a cup of boiled water and let them cool down. Add all of it to the fermentor.

Niman whats you opinion on this? I couldn't drink mine. Bitterness was OTT and i like high IBU's. Not my cup of tea at all. Kinda suspicious of adding hop oil now as i cant imagine the kit was meant to taste like mine came out.

Add them to a cup of boiled water and let them cool down. Add all of it to the fermentor.

Excelllent, ta!

One more question, if I may. It says to add 2 hopbags to boiling water, but there are three in the packet. Is 2 a typo, and it should be three, or did I just get a spare? Don't want to spoil it by making it too hoppy

Back