HBF Home Brew Competition Schedule 2020

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Reaction score
Woudl seem to be the right thing to do. People not able to get ingredients and then not able to go out and post them. A suspension is on the cards really.

JonBrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is there some merit in postponing these. Puts less strain on delivery providers and means users aren't going unnecessary to post them.

@Chippy_Tea thoughts?
I'd agree with this. Up until last night I had been of the view that if folk were able/willing to go to a post office to send the beers then fair play but under lockdown conditions it doesn't really seem right to be doing so.

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
I agree it should be suspended in the current situation. I had planned to post this week for march comp until last night's announcement

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there some merit in postponing these. Puts less strain on delivery providers and means users aren't going unnecessary to post them.

@Chippy_Tea thoughts?
I will leave the decision to the members who organise and take part in these competitions, i think it would probably be a good idea to postpone call me paranoid but with the amount of time this virus can live outside the body i would be a little wary about receiving and drinking a bottle of beer sent through the post.

MartinHaworth

Norwich brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this @Chippy_Tea

I'm down to host/judge the april lager competition. I was going to bang the drum last week, but could see the situation nationally was rapidly changing and held off.

To judge by the discussion here, the April COmpetition is off.

Is it worth me putting a separate thread to that effect, or is this enough - what do you think?

Martin

Leon103

Landlord.
Reaction score
Don't see a need for a seperate thread. If people don't see a thr3ad then they don't ask for your address.

Ghillie

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we assume the same for May? Is it judges discretion I'm assuming?

Only asking as I won't bother putting down a brew before returning to work on Wednesday otherwise.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

Leon103

Landlord.
Reaction score
Can we assume the same for May? Is it judges discretion I'm assuming?

Only asking as I won't bother putting down a brew before returning to work on Wednesday otherwise.

Hope everyone is safe and well.
At this point yes but we would hope that we will be seeing some normality towards the end of May (which is when the deadline would be).

Ghillie

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point yes but we would hope that we will be seeing some normality towards the end of May (which is when the deadline would be).
You’re reply is much appreciated Leon. Hope you and your family are well.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
Heads up -

jjsh has decided for personal reasons he would prefer not to judge the December competition he would prefer not to discuss this decision.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Reaction score
I think we can all safely assume that all monthly comps are off until further notice. Sad times, but necessary.

Lets get lots of people together in the virtual pubs on Saturday night.

Group Builder