HBF Home Brew Competition Schedule 2020

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woudl seem to be the right thing to do. People not able to get ingredients and then not able to go out and post them. A suspension is on the cards really.

Is there some merit in postponing these. Puts less strain on delivery providers and means users aren't going unnecessary to post them.

@Chippy_Tea thoughts?

I'd agree with this. Up until last night I had been of the view that if folk were able/willing to go to a post office to send the beers then fair play but under lockdown conditions it doesn't really seem right to be doing so.

I agree it should be suspended in the current situation. I had planned to post this week for march comp until last night's announcement

Is there some merit in postponing these. Puts less strain on delivery providers and means users aren't going unnecessary to post them.

@Chippy_Tea thoughts?

I will leave the decision to the members who organise and take part in these competitions, i think it would probably be a good idea to postpone call me paranoid but with the amount of time this virus can live outside the body i would be a little wary about receiving and drinking a bottle of beer sent through the post.

Thanks for this @Chippy_Tea

I'm down to host/judge the april lager competition. I was going to bang the drum last week, but could see the situation nationally was rapidly changing and held off.

To judge by the discussion here, the April COmpetition is off.

Is it worth me putting a separate thread to that effect, or is this enough - what do you think?

Martin

Can we assume the same for May? Is it judges discretion I'm assuming?

Only asking as I won't bother putting down a brew before returning to work on Wednesday otherwise.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

Can we assume the same for May? Is it judges discretion I'm assuming?

Only asking as I won't bother putting down a brew before returning to work on Wednesday otherwise.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

At this point yes but we would hope that we will be seeing some normality towards the end of May (which is when the deadline would be).

At this point yes but we would hope that we will be seeing some normality towards the end of May (which is when the deadline would be).
You’re reply is much appreciated Leon. Hope you and your family are well.

Heads up -

jjsh has decided for personal reasons he would prefer not to judge the December competition he would prefer not to discuss this decision.

I think we can all safely assume that all monthly comps are off until further notice. Sad times, but necessary.

Lets get lots of people together in the virtual pubs on Saturday night.

What's the plan with the monthly competition. Is there any plan on getting it back up and going or is it a dead duck for the foreseeable. What's people's thoughts on it ?

What's the plan with the monthly competition. Is there any plan on getting it back up and going or is it a dead duck for the foreseeable. What's people's thoughts on it ?
Personally I’d like to see it back up and running. Sensible measures like leaving the delivery outside for 24hrs or disinfecting and washing hands mitigate against Covid 👍

Personally I’d like to see it back up and running. Sensible measures like leaving the delivery outside for 24hrs or disinfecting and washing hands mitigate against Covid 👍
That would be my opinion as well. I have posted a few beers away last week and expect some myself this week.

The other thing that you could do is limit the amount of entries each month. As the judging would only be done by one person

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back