HBF Home Brew Competition Schedule 2020

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was more about putting pressure on the post service and unnecessary travel.

I am happy to judge now the postal service as had time to adjust to new practices.

For those who have missed out on judging and have never had the chance to judge before, may I suggest that someone who has already judged in the past and is scheduled for later In the year gives up their space? No pressure.

I see @MartinHaworth was down for the April lagers category, I’d let him have the November Lager judging if he would like. I’ve judged a couple of times previously and did the lagers last November so happy for him to have it (I’ve also been brewing a few lagers recently so would quite like to enter it).

Last edited:
so is it dark beers next or back to pale ales for may?

Although I was due to judge may i would say iynwoule make sense to start with June. Happy to take any spare pales though

I think that I was / am in line for dark beers in June. Wondering if it's worth starting a thread to gauge interest?

Maybe with all the new brewers that have taken up the hobby (my hobby has got waaay out of hand) then maybe we should just start again and put the schedule up and see who wants to take each month. But maybe allowing for some new established members.

No one wants to see 10 beers sent to someone thats never seen again.

Maybe with all the new brewers that have taken up the hobby (my hobby has got waaay out of hand) then maybe we should just start again and put the schedule up and see who wants to take each month. But maybe allowing for some new established members.

No one wants to see 10 beers sent to someone thats never seen again.
To be honest I was looking forward to judging the dark month I think I was down for October. This would be my first time. Saying that because of the circumstances I would probably limit the entry to maybe 10 because the plan was to judge with friends but that is not happening. The last dark month in Feb had close to 30

Have we got a decision maker? I'm happy to judge June per the current plan or to step aside to allow someone else to do it. Equally happy to postpone / cancel until things are more settled

Might as well continue with the planned schedule unless someone wishes not to judge their allocated month?

I think we just continue as normal. New member will get a chance next y3ar to judge. Or if a judge can only accept a limited amount of beer then we could have two judges.

I reckon it is a good time to restart. If the judge gets a lot of entrants then the judging can be spread out over a few days, I remember I had to do this on one I judged a couple of years ago.
Stick with the current schedule then pick up any new brewers who want to judge next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back