HBF January 2018 Comp -American Pales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
ive just gone to bump the January competition thread and it’s disappeared.

I’m judge, it’s American pales (but I’ll pretty much accept anything that’s heavily hopped and also things like Cali Common and Cream Ale which aren’t hoppy but are quintessentially American).

Rules are here, deadline is the 31st but it might be 2nd or 3rd weekend in Feb before the judging so I’m quite relaxed. PM me for the submission address.

However, I’ve not received any entries yet so don’t be shy!

When are you planning on judging Mick? The only thing I have that will fit is a Zombie Dust clone, but I only bottled it yesterday.

When are you planning on judging Mick? The only thing I have that will fit is a Zombie Dust clone, but I only bottled it yesterday.
I need to find a mutually suitable weekend for me and my 2 fellow judges so it might be the 2nd or even the 3rd weekend in February.

Ah go on then. PM me your address and I'll send one through :thumb:
Sent

I’ve now provided addresses to 7 posters. If everyone enters it should make for a good comp!

I think we plan on filming it for a bit of comedy factor.

First beer arrived today. My wife hasn’t opened it so I don’t know whose it is yet.

For those of you that haven’t posted them off yet, you still have time!

My sour is is making its rickity journey via the post office to you now. I'd thoroughly recommend cold crashing it before drinking.

At present it looks like we’ll have 4 entries (unless others have sent and not confirmed) - 1 has arrived, 1 is at the sorting office awaiting collection, 1 went by courier at the start of the week, and now jceg has put his in the post.

At present it looks like we’ll have 4 entries (unless others have sent and not confirmed) - 1 has arrived, 1 is at the sorting office awaiting collection, 1 went by courier at the start of the week, and now jceg has put his in the post.
i got a notification that mine got delivered today to your house. There is two bottles in there so you have two entries (not convinced how good as they are a first attempt at filling bottles from the keg) from me.

Hi Mick, can I post you one tomorrow, not sure how the deadline works. Let me know if ok and PM your postal address and will post tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Mick, can I post you one tomorrow, not sure how the deadline works. Let me know if ok and PM your postal address and will post tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dave
Super, hopefully my neighbours haven’t drank it before I manage to collect it from them!

Your 2, plus 1 from @Spapro gives me 6 entries which I’m happy with.

It was @IainM ’s Zombie Dust Colme that was at the sorting office.

I think my neighbour has drank @Hoddy ’s beers - I went around twice, lights on and dogs barking, but nobody answering the door!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back