Heads Up S30 users!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VW911

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just a warning to anyone using S30 cylinders for their Pressure Barrels.
After the trouble caused by Hambleton Bard first discontinuing the S20 cylinder, then ceasing production of the S30, it seems like there are new problems on the horizon.
A company called Brewgas (thankfully) took over the refilling of the cylinders, and they were being distributed by Ritchie Products.
Now, Ritchies have been sold to another company, and it seems like the link with Brewgas is unlikely to continue, making loads of valves/barrels obsolete...
I'll post further if I hear any more...

Just a warning to anyone using S30 cylinders for their Pressure Barrels.
After the trouble caused by Hambleton Bard first discontinuing the S20 cylinder, then ceasing production of the S30, it seems like there are new problems on the horizon.
A company called Brewgas (thankfully) took over the refilling of the cylinders, and they were being distributed by Ritchie Products.
Now, Ritchies have been sold to another company, and it seems like the link with Brewgas is unlikely to continue, making loads of valves/barrels obsolete...
I'll post further if I hear any more...

What makes you think they won't take it on? And if so why wouldn't someone else?

What makes you think they won't take it on? And if so why wouldn't someone else?
Just what I've heard from (what was) Ritchies.
It was hard enough to find someone to take up the supply once Hambleton Bard stopped production...

I recently bought a KK with S30 and a Gas Bottle from Hamstead Brewing which I think are based in Brum

Product CodeDescriptionItem PriceQtyTotal
L.30 NewBrewgas L.30 (S30) Home Brew Co2 Cylinder NEW£ 25.001£ 25.00

The bottle is marked Brewgas with guaranteed filled by Brewgas Cylinder Services B43 6AD

I got this only on the 24th May 2020

My local homebrew shop tells me that Ritchie, and the firm that distributes Grainfather equipment, have merged, and there is no indication that S30 cylinders will not continue to be available.

Has any of the site user heard or seen a gas adaptor for the s30 im aware of a local company that currently refill soda stream cylinders and would love to expand into s30

Latest posts

Back