Headstagger

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Came back home last night from a wedding near Preston and had told the missus on Saturday I was putting a brew on when I got home on Monday which should have been around 5.30pm but flight delayed by 2½hrs at Manchester Airport.
Anyway long story short grist too fine,seriously stuck sparge and went to bed at 2.30am with the grist removed and bittering hops added.Got up today and took it to 80° added hops for 20 mins then stuck it in the fridge waited until temp had dropped to 36° and pitched some KVEIK VOSS.
Grist
4KG pilsner malt
1kg caramunich type 1
250g aciduated malt
Hops
15g 19aa magnum for bittering
30g Citra
50g Vic secret
23 lbatch

Smells lovely but time will tell.
Might have went overboard on the Caramunich mind.

That’s a lot of cara.
I did a no chill at the weekend and it was a hell of a nervous wait until it got to pitching temp. Brewed sat morning pitched sun night. Easy brew day without chilling but I’m not convinced.

That’s a lot of cara.
I did a no chill at the weekend and it was a hell of a nervous wait until it got to pitching temp. Brewed sat morning pitched sun night. Easy brew day without chilling but I’m not convinced.
It'll be fine as there is 4 kilo of your malt in there with it although maybe slightly sweet with Toffee and caramel. Rang the missus just before 10pm and asked her to check on it and then asked what all the bubbles were and was I a happy camper.That KVEIK went off like a rocket...

Kegged this last night and FG was 1.009 with OG @ 1.048 so about 5.1% and not as sweet as I thought it was going to be but certainly a hint of caramelised toffee.

Attachments

• 20220616_221458.jpg
    20220616_221458.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220616_220653.jpg
    20220616_220653.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back