Heat Source Pumps.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not happy re confronting the neighbour as she lost her husband end of last year and it affected her badly. So I will have to continue on as best I can.
Have to say I have enjoyed this thread - difficult subject as it is

If you want this sorting you are going to have to speak to her as it says she may be unaware this is disruptive.

Reporting a barking dog
The occasional bark or 'woof' is usually not a problem for neighbours and others in the community but when barking becomes disruptive it's often considered unacceptable and unpleasant to many people.

If you're concerned about a dog barking excessively near you there are things you can do:

• Speak to the owner. They may not be aware there's an issue, or they may be using some of the advice above to try and resolve the issue.

• If speaking to your neighbour hasn't worked or isn't an option, try contacting your local council about the noise complaint. This can help resolve the underlying issue, or if there is a welfare complaint they will contact us. Contact your local council about a barking dog .

Barking Dogs Solutions : #DogKind | RSPCA

I like conversation so much If anyone comes across this site please join in
Homebrew is great.

Some members are so " with it " and lets not forget the new starters . teaangela
Hats off to angela and chippy tea
Its a geat hobby,
BTW i get nothing from this site,nor im i conneceted except from being a singed up member
Just love a forun where everyone can have thier say and produce thier piece.

SO it is yet another false prophesy.

But the idea that i hate barkig dogs is somewhat suspect.????

It would be interesting to see which of our MPs has vested interests in air source heat pump and smart meter companies. None of them will save you a penny ( turning stuff off does that, I don’t need a meter to tell me that!) and just push the carbon consumption further up the line.

It would be interesting to see which of our MPs has vested interests in air source heat pump and smart meter companies. None of them will save you a penny ( turning stuff off does that, I don’t need a meter to tell me that!) and just push the carbon consumption further up the line.

What i don't get is if these things are useless as the guy in the video says they are why they are why are they pushing this source of heating.

In case anyone missed it -

We have an air source heat pump which was installed by the builders prior to our buying the house. When its cold you only get around 1 to 2kwh of heat for each kwh of electric, but more like 4.5 kwh for 1 of electric in milder weather. The pumps dont have much better longevity than a gas boiler though, 10 years predicted, and when ours went wrong recently it would have been cheaper to rip it all out and install a gas boiler than replace the pump which would have been around 5 to 6k including installation. I think new installations are more like 15 to 20k? Fortunately we found an engineer who was able to fix it but it was touch and go and we will be facing the same problem again before long. Now considering solar panels to keep the thing going as like most people our energy bill has doubled this last month or two.
Personally I think ground source heat pumps and a bore hole might be the better solution where possible.

That sound frightening Jim.

Solar panels have been around for donkeys years why don't they give us a grant to install them instead of heat pumps that will be all but useless for many of us..

Solar panels have been around for donkeys years why don't they give us a grant to install them instead of heat pumps that will be all but useless for many of us..

That sounds like a much better idea Chippy to be honest!

I was one of the last to benefit from the old Feed In Tariff (FiT) when I had my Solar panels installed at the end of 2011. As with any other subsidised effort though, it just over inflated the cost of the panels. I paid £12,000 for my 3.2kw installation and get paid over 60p for every KwH the system generates, plus the free electricity. When the FiT was reduced from 60p to 20p shortly after, the cost of a 3.2kw system dropped to about £4,000.

I've had air source heat pumps for 8 years. Initially had British made (assembled) units that were not cheap to run and troublesome, the company went bust. I've since replaced them with a Swedish unit which is brilliant. I live in a brick barn conversion which I've insulated as much as I can. I find the efficient way to run the unit is to run it at a constant temperature 24/7 so that there are no high demands on start up.
I wouldn't have anything else.

I've had air source heat pumps for 8 years. Initially had British made (assembled) units that were not cheap to run and troublesome, the company went bust. I've since replaced them with a Swedish unit which is brilliant. I live in a brick barn conversion which I've insulated as much as I can. I find the efficient way to run the unit is to run it at a constant temperature 24/7 so that there are no high demands on start up.
I wouldn't have anything else.
That's interesting, BB. How much did the Swedish unit cost and what's the area (or volume?) of your barn? There's going to come a day, perhaps, I'm hoping a very distant day, when I can no longer stack wood and split logs and I'm not at all impressed by the French pompes à chaleur as you might have gathered from earlier posts. Why do I think the Swedish stuff might be better? Because it gets proper cold there. All my wood burners are from Norway for the same reason.

That's interesting, BB. How much did the Swedish unit cost and what's the area (or volume?) of your barn? There's going to come a day, perhaps, I'm hoping a very distant day, when I can no longer stack wood and split logs and I'm not at all impressed by the French pompes à chaleur as you might have gathered from earlier posts. Why do I think the Swedish stuff might be better? Because it gets proper cold there. All my wood burners are from Norway for the same reason.
The Nibe ( Swedish unit) was about 11k two years ago, on top of that you need a buffer tank which we already had from the previous installation. Internal volume is about 1350 cubic metres, it's a big house.

The Nibe ( Swedish unit) was about 11k two years ago, on top of that you need a buffer tank which we already had from the previous installation. Internal volume is about 1350 cubic metres, it's a big house.
Thanks for that, I shall start investigating. A standard installation here is about 13K, I gather, but prices are inflated because the state gives a big grant. Thanks for flagging up buffer tank, whatever that is, I'll keep an eye open for that.

Thanks for that, I shall start investigating. A standard installation here is about 13K, I gather, but prices are inflated because the state gives a big grant. Thanks for flagging up buffer tank, whatever that is, I'll keep an eye open for that.
Heated water from heat pump goes to buffer tank through a heat exchanger, hot water from buffer tank then feeds radiators or better still under floor heating.

Latest posts

Back