Heating my Fridge.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A budgie-sized FV. They can drink me under the perch. Makes me feel distinctly inferior.

'Ow do!
To avoid drlling through the fridge wall, I drilled a hole through the edge of the door to feed the power lead into the fridge.
I also cut a rectangular hole in the door front to accommodate the Inkbird box.

Well, my brew fridge is finally up and running and my AIPA is in. All seems to be working perfectly. The pics below show how I built it. I only did the base in three strips as I was in Homebase and saw a 'plank' and a long 'L' shaped piece which were £1 each! I cut the three strips and the legs from the L shaped piece and used a very strong glue to attach them. I think this could have been done better, but I'll look at it again after this brew is done. Drilled holes in the planks to let the heat rise and screwed the tube heater to another plank. One of the big advantages of all of the wood is that it's laminated which might offer a bit more protection against the moisture in the fridge.

I've really enjoyed putting it together - and only for a few quid. All I hope now is that I see and taste the difference in my beer!

2dbl3s6.jpg

nmgl6p.jpg

34pggnl.jpg

2how744.jpg

309opl0.jpg

2prfnnd.jpg

99ny42.jpg

Last edited:
Back