Heatwave.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They are predicting temperatures will be in the mid 30's over the coming week i am glad to see ours are staying in the low 20's.

Are you going to be roasting?

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast

hot.JPG

Scorchio here today !
Looks the same all week peaking at 34c on saturday.
Working outside on windows all week but will have a gazebo set up over benches/saw etc. for some shade.

We’ll put back the insulation on the windows, dig out the Water Spray bottle, get the fans going, open windows not in the sun etc etc …

… then we’ll bugger off to Scotland for a few days! To where it’s forecast to be at least 10*C cooler with occasional fog!
:D

My next brew (Inshallah) is a Wilko Hoppy Copper Bitter, which I will leave until we return. This is in anticipation of cooler days by October!

Here’s hoping!
🙏

28c in the shade today. Lovely. Seems to be getting warmer by the weekend. We will be heading home by then where it will be a few degrees cooler in thr mountains.

No, but we will be barbecuing though

I have been pondering your profile picture - mushy peas in a small ramekin? What sort of person are you CT? And it looks like about 6 chips - you claim to be from the north?

It was the only picture I could find with my username on it, proper fish and chips below. ;)

On holiday in sunny Brittany, in Morbihan. Three days in a row fields on fire in the vicinity. Luckily we are on the coast (Étel). Temps around 30-32. But the temperature now drops faster in the evening, after 20:00.

The only newspaper to still use F is the Express but only for high temperature ie 90. For low they never use 28.

On holiday in sunny Brittany, in Morbihan. Three days in a row fields on fire in the vicinity. Luckily we are on the coast (Étel). Temps around 30-32. But the temperature now drops faster in the evening, after 20:00.
Went to Brittany one year for 14 nights in a caravan and it rained that hard we packed up after 4 and rented one in the vendee St. John du monts where the sun shone for the rest of our holiday. Cost a fortune but there is no fun sitting in a blow up ring in the lazy river wearing spedoos and it chucking it down and 15c. This was July as well

Went to Brittany one year for 14 nights in a caravan and it rained that hard we packed up after 4 and rented one in the vendee St. John du monts where the sun shone for the rest of our holiday. Cost a fortune but there is no fun sitting in a blow up ring in the lazy river wearing spedoos and it chucking it down and 15c. This was July as well
Lovely place St Jean de Monts been twice athumb..

If you're that close to Lorient, you've just got to take in the Festival Interceltique. I've been twice and it's amazing. Incontournable !
Won't make it this year though. If you're heading east, the outdoor photo exhibition at La Gacilly is also worth a look.
Haven't seen or heard of any fires here in Béganne.

If you're that close to Lorient, you've just got to take in the Festival Interceltique. I've been twice and it's amazing. Incontournable !
Won't make it this year though. If you're heading east, the outdoor photo exhibition at La Gacilly is also worth a look.
Haven't seen or heard of any fires here in Béganne.

La Gacilly
I camped there in 1986 just by the bridge and river and enjoyed a few pastis 51s in the bar up the little hill athumb..

Latest posts

Back