Heatwave.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be lovely living in Brittany, My uncle used to have a little cottage in saint Briac-sur-mer very happy memories of the area.
very like cornwall thumb.
It's a lovely place to be sure and I don't remember ever having had the rain in July that @Donegal john talks about. Nevertheless, Brittany has a similar reputation to Wales for rainy summers, but we're in a proper drought at the moment. Briac-sur-mer is on the North coast up by Dinan and it's a bit wilder up there (I like wild). We're down near the south coast. We spent an entire summer (school) break exploring the Brittany coastline and, while I would have preferred a windy and sea-swept island in the Atlantic, I don't really regret ending up here, out in the sticks with only the deer and the hares for neighbours.

Last edited:
W
It's a lovely place to be sure and I don't remember ever having had the rain in July that @Donegal john talks about. Nevertheless, Brittany has a similar reputation to Wales for rainy summers, but we're in a proper drought at the moment. Briac-sur-mer is on the North coast up by Dinan and it's a bit wilder up there (I like wild). We're down near the south coast. We spent an entire summer (school) break exploring the Brittany coastline and, while I would have preferred a windy and sea-swept island in the Atlantic, I don't really regret ending up here, out in the sticks with only the deer and the hares for neighbours.
We stayed very near roscoff at the start of july and the place was a washout. Very bad storms when we left and one of the most horrific ferry crossings I have ever had. The boat was getting tossed all over the place and most people were being sick. I sat on my bunk with a belly full of red wine sloshing back and forward and my 2 kids above me were sliding up and down the bunk with each peak and trough
It really was bad and the rain for the 4 days I stayed did not let up.
Lovely place though

Last edited:
W

We stayed very near roscoff at the start of july and the place was a washout. Very bad storms when we left and one of the most horrific ferry crossings I have ever had. The boat was getting tossed all over the place and most people were being sick. I sat on my bunk with a belly full of red wine sloshing back and forward and my 2 kids above me were sliding up and down the bunk with each peak and trough
It really was bad and the rain for the 4 days I stayed did not let up.
Lovely place though
Just re read this and seen I put may. Meant July 🤦‍♂️ @An Ankoù

The only newspaper to still use F is the Express but only for high temperature ie 90. For low they never use 28.
That's because they keep reusing the same articles year after year, and have done since the 70s. Every year, without fail, on slow news days in autumn, they have an article about "we're heading for a terrible freezing winter" despite the MET office saying they can't predict more than 2 weeks in advance. If you google the text of the articles, you'll find it is pretty but verbatim from the year before... and the one before... and the one before...

Going over the Loire Bridge at St Nazaire on the 22nd to sign a bit of land over. Inshallah!

Great joke from Matt on the front page of The Telegraph today.

Two Eskimo’s stood outside an igloo as the snow falls around them! One is saying:

“They say that in the UK people
have 27 different swear words
for when they open their
energy bills!”

:D

Latest posts

Back