Hello all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinMesa

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What better time to seek the pleasures of homebrew?!

I have to admit I've toyed with the idea for many a year but have been put off by a few lousy attempts when I was a teenager. A cheap kit and no doubt terrible technique resulting in a flat, cloudy horribly tasting muck.

Over the last few years my tastes have developed from standard largers to more complex IPA/APAs. That also comes with a significant increase in my bar tab/shop bill. £8+ for 4 cans is a little steep for the amount I drink (lots and lots).

So that's why one day last week I started watching youtube videos and reading a little about hops/grains and flavours and processes. Seems a little more mature than the £10 kit I got as a lad. Now I'm 40odd I can afford the resources to make a proper go of this (I hope). Oh and there's the internet now too :D

Ideally I want to get some decent enough gear and attempt some hoppy IPAs. I've just spent the last half hour or so reading the thread on a copy cat Beavertown Gamma Ray which is one of, if not my, go-to favourite.

So hi, I'm Rob, live up near Delamere, Cheshire.

Welcome to the forum Rob

I have moved this to beer brewing discussion as it'll get a lot more views there.

Welcome acheers. i did the same last year i tried they boots kits in the 80s bloody put me off for life well almost, took the plunge last year and with the help off members on here i am doing ok biad method athumb..

Welcome acheers. i did the same last year i tried they boots kits in the 80s bloody put me off for life well almost, took the plunge last year and with the help off members on here i am doing ok biad method athumb..

Ah yes the old boots kits. IIRC they also had a lemonade one (powder) you just whacked into an old 2l bottle and 2 weeks later you had your own Hooch. Thanks for the welcome and further motivation athumb..

Latest posts

Back