Hello! An intermediate step?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikemysocks

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm fairly new to brewing and after making a few batches in late spring I've had to get back on it as I've drank my entire supply!

I started with a £15 single can kit (my sister bought me it for my birthday without realising I needed plenty of extra equipment!). I brewed a few other single can kits although the last two I have made are from the St Peters range. The Golden ale has only been conditioning a week but it seems as though the 2 can kits are a bit more full bodied.

I have seen some recipe kits on home brew online that use a tin plus some extra grains. Is it worth taking this extra step in brewing? Is there much to gain from the extra work?

Thanks for the links. I had tried searching the forums first but couldn't word the search very well.

Would you only add to single can kits then?

I've just been having a quick read (I'm at work) and it seems like a good way to start becoming more creative with brewing.

I think I'll have a go. The link you gave gives some good recipes :)

I have played around with both kits, but also had some great beer from kits with no added additions its down to personal taste, give it a go and let us no what you think:thumb:

Latest posts

Back