Hello Broowers!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gulpitdarn

Regular.
Reaction score
Well, here I am! and after joining once again, I now intend to make a few contributions... if I can.

Firstly my avatar, I was only a boy just fourteen and with a beer in hand, a Watneys Pale Ale I think, yuck! how my taste has changed over the years. This was Boxing day at a outdoor model railway meeting, habits were a forming!

This time I have rejoined, after lurking, and actually have a broo on the go... and after many years too. I used to make a lot in my late teen years and on and off two or three times a year well into my forties, then I sold ALL of my kit on ebay?!?! what the heck was I thinking?? although I got a very good price for it all it had left me not brewing anything for quite sometime.

So, what's on the go? Well... went into Wilko only early last week and pondered over the kits and equipment, wife encouraged me to brew again, (not bad wife eh? hahah) I bought 40 pint bucket, syphon tube, capper and caps, bottle brush, Velvet Stout, bag of Spray Malt. I think that's it. Rushed home... Tesco on way for 20 litres of spring water (water is nasty and too hard in Peterborough) and had a brew going in no time. I don't like table sugar so used 500g spray malt and 500g dark brown sugar, a squirt of Camp Coffee which I am now regretting but it might be okay, and some chocolate powder which I also am not that sure about. Bottling looks set to be mid week as fermentation is slowing down now.

So let's see.
Cheers!
Gulpitdarn
(a ridiculous name I know, but when a brew is good.... you... gulp it down!)

Thank you for the welcomes!

Good advice BigCol, I do recall a recommendation here of 2+2+2 and having patience is the key and all that, phew what a learning process that is eh?

Back