Hello fellow brewers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapbrew

Junk and disorderly
Reaction score
Hello to all
hi.gif

I was introduced to homebrewing by my late father many years ago,
I helped him as a young kid when he first learned how to make wine and beer and have been doing it myself on and off over the years, I had a dry spell for a bit but have got back into it over the last two years. I've made all sorts of different wines mostly with good results and rarely had anything turn out that bad.

I was recently given the chance to pick some red grapes from a friends vines and went online to look up the variety, and well as you do, I ended up clicking links and stumbled across Wurzel and his wow, I had heard of just using shop juice some time ago but as 'Prison Plonk' and thought it would be rough ol shyte but being intrigued and bored I looked into it and soon found this forum and Chippy Tea's long wow thread.

So out of research I started a wow variant last Friday but have been really busy since then and have only just joined the forum, but I'm looking forward to hopefully learning some new stuff and sharing anything if I can.

Oh yeah and besides the red cascade grape in two DJ's, I have
2 DJ's x Rhubarb, 2 DJ's x Apple, 2 DJ's x Damson (or Bucks prunes as they are known locally)

Welcome to the forum, i am glad the thread tempted you to make one, i cannot take credit as it was originally just a list of recipes by members here that i moved to one thread to make life easier, with 1,216 replies and 94,040 views it has become one of the biggest here.

Thank you for the welcome,
I was talking to a mate earlier and mentioned wine making and he reminded me of making cannabis wine and beer many years ago in my youth, it was lovely the recipe for the beer was called 'two's too much', but being a crazy nutter I at least doubled the main ingredient!, everybody who tried it agreed it should be called 'one is enough', the beer went very quickly but I kept a few bottles of the wine for a couple o years or so and it ended like a good port with a very nice trippy buzz.

Latest posts

Back