Hello - from a complete novice in Devon!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson81

Reaction score
Hi folks, many thanks for letting me in! I have been lurking for a few months, picking up various tips and advice from various threads. Having always enjoyed a cheeky beverage occasionally (well, to be honest....frequently!) , the interest really peeked in home brewing after visiting Cologne for the christmas markets recently ,discovering the 'Brauhaus' and the brewing culture that entails....and looking into brewing my own!

So I am now on my second batch - the Mangrove Jacks american IPA kit (currently sat in a fermentation fridge)......but desperately want to start brewing my own from scratch to recreate those lovely beers I have had on my travels, so yesterday I ordered a Klarstein Mundschenk budget all in one jobby (as is my impatient, obsessive nature) , incidentally Klarstein have a 15% off voucher currently on their site, so it was mine for £245 as it was already reduced - great value I thought??

Anyway, I shall stop rambling, and just say thankyou for all the invaluable content on this site which has led me to begin this journey (or a premature midlife crisis, as my wife likes to tell me!)

Hi and welcome, I use the same system as you and have done for 2 & 1/2 years but mine was called the Ace in its incarnation as along with plenty other names done by different suppliers. My advice is do not use the system on full power as 1. it may burn on the bottom more readily and 2 using it at lower power is thought to lengthen the bonded heating elements as they are not replaceable on this and a lot of similar systems such as the Grainfather too. Use it at 1900 watts and it will take slightly longer to boil and still maintain a reasonable boil, contrary to belief you do not need a massive rolling boil.
Anyway good look and get a few kit brews under your belt so as to get a good process together in cleaning and brewing which will stand you in good stead. Ps do read between the lines on all the answers as there are that many opinions and some do conflict, they are not alright all the time except me:laugh8:

Hi folks, many thanks for letting me in! I have been lurking for a few months, picking up various tips and advice from various threads. Having always enjoyed a cheeky beverage occasionally (well, to be honest....frequently!) , the interest really peeked in home brewing after visiting Cologne for the christmas markets recently ,discovering the 'Brauhaus' and the brewing culture that entails....and looking into brewing my own!

So I am now on my second batch - the Mangrove Jacks american IPA kit (currently sat in a fermentation fridge)......but desperately want to start brewing my own from scratch to recreate those lovely beers I have had on my travels, so yesterday I ordered a Klarstein Mundschenk budget all in one jobby (as is my impatient, obsessive nature) , incidentally Klarstein have a 15% off voucher currently on their site, so it was mine for £245 as it was already reduced - great value I thought??

Anyway, I shall stop rambling, and just say thankyou for all the invaluable content on this site which has led me to begin this journey (or a premature midlife crisis, as my wife likes to tell me!)

Midlife crisis? You’ve embarked on a lifelong learning programme in biochemistry, applied maths, engineering science, the list goes on...

Welcome professor! ;)

That's great advice thank you! I did see through searching the forums that this kit is widely used under different brand names, which gave me some assurance......definitely plan to do a few kits, I have already encountered my first potential issue....my wort bubbling through the airlock on the fermenter!:?:

Hi and welcome, I use the same system as you and have done for 2 & 1/2 years but mine was called the Ace in its incarnation as along with plenty other names done by different suppliers. My advice is do not use the system on full power as 1. it may burn on the bottom more readily and 2 using it at lower power is thought to lengthen the bonded heating elements as they are not replaceable on this and a lot of similar systems such as the Grainfather too. Use it at 1900 watts and it will take slightly longer to boil and still maintain a reasonable boil, contrary to belief you do not need a massive rolling boil.
Anyway good look and get a few kit brews under your belt so as to get a good process together in cleaning and brewing which will stand you in good stead. Ps do read between the lines on all the answers as there are that many opinions and some do conflict, they are not alright all the time except me:laugh8:

Hello. I’ve just bought a Klarstein Mundschenk too. Looking forward to getting stuck in. I’m new here too!

Latest posts

Back