Hello from a novice brewer :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janulka098

Reaction score
Hello. As a child my parents used to own a vineyard and I have experienced my dad making wine and it all seemed like alchemy. The lockdown has brought up interest in my own brewing/making and it has certainly been a well of all knowledge :). Great to read all the stories and advice :) I have made few kits and embarking now on some supermarket juice wine :)

Hello. As a child my parents used to own a vineyard and I have experienced my dad making wine and it all seemed like alchemy. The lockdown has brought up interest in my own brewing/making and it has certainly been a well of all knowledge :). Great to read all the stories and advice :) I have made few kits and embarking now on some supermarket juice wine :)
Whoops I meant this forum has been a well of all knowledge :)

Hi Janulka, welcome to the forum, growing up in a vinyard,we'll be asking you for advice, must have been very interesting, I take it you grew up somewhere warm and sunny? The Wow's are great, easy and not bad at all.

Hello. Warm and sunny in summer and really freezing in winter :) - oh I don’t know about asking me for advice :) I was not that interested when little apart from having to pick the grapes and help crushing them!
I am so glad I found this forum- will be trying the Forums favourite rose :)

I made a Rose' with 1 ltrTesco Forest Fruit juice ,1ltr RGJ and .5 ltr apple juice,tasted really good.
Oh that sounds nice! Will try that one - My other half likes Zinfandel rose (quite sweet one) and I am hoping that I can make something he likes :) - he has got a sweet tooth so will be sweetening the wine also :) - I like mine dry

welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already seen it give this a look - How to make Supermarket Juice Wine - HERE.
Indeed I have :) thank you. I will try the Rose first without experimenting too much with flavours - off to the shops to get some juice. Got a Waitrose near by and they got quite a good selection of pure juices. In meantime I have rhubarb and banana wine on go (experiment...) third day in, but they won’t be ready anytime soon :) and wanted to make something we can enjoy a bit sooner...

Oh goodness, this lockdown has been definitely different to normal life! Other half built pizza oven in the garden, I have been nursing sourdough starter for the past three months - not bought bread for ages and now turned my kitchen into mini lab churning out WOWs and few kits. Goodness I think I have about 5on the go in various stages. This forum has certainly been a real help.

Latest posts

Back