Hello from Berkshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braumeister

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, thought I should join after having read so many posts to help learn about how to get started. Just brewing a few weeks, got one of those “Brewery in a box” from the local home brew shop which is a plastic bucket and a liquid extract kit and a few other bits. That got me bitten by the bug so got the kit to do all-grain and have my 5th batch fermenting away right now (Bells Two Hearted Ale clone, a west coast IPA). First attempt was an American pale ale that was only fit to be chucked down the sink (tasted like butter) but the others have been lovely (Dunkleweiss and a Kölsch). Looking forwards to many more in the future, also keen to enter one of the monthly competitions and get some feedback, maybe a second attempt at the American pale ale. cheers!

Hi all, thought I should join after having read so many posts to help learn about how to get started. Just brewing a few weeks, got one of those “Brewery in a box” from the local home brew shop which is a plastic bucket and a liquid extract kit and a few other bits. That got me bitten by the bug so got the kit to do all-grain and have my 5th batch fermenting away right now (Bells Two Hearted Ale clone, a west coast IPA). First attempt was an American pale ale that was only fit to be chucked down the sink (tasted like butter) but the others have been lovely (Dunkleweiss and a Kölsch). Looking forwards to many more in the future, also keen to enter one of the monthly competitions and get some feedback, maybe a second attempt at the American pale ale. cheers!
Welcome to the forum!
If you're interested, Reading Amateur Brewers meet once a month. It is a very active club and has members from all over Berkshire. I've been going since November and it's a very friendly and welcoming group.

Anyway, welcome and good to have you on the forum 🙂

Welcome to the forum!
If you're interested, Reading Amateur Brewers meet once a month. It is a very active club and has members from all over Berkshire. I've been going since November and it's a very friendly and welcoming group.

Anyway, welcome and good to have you on the forum 🙂
Ah yes thanks! I found out about that online and have been planning to go along. I’m just down the road in Sandhurst. One thing I was wondering was whether people take along bottles for people to try and take away with them for feedback etc?

Ah yes thanks! I found out about that online and have been planning to go along. I’m just down the road in Sandhurst. One thing I was wondering was whether people take along bottles for people to try and take away with them for feedback etc?
Absolutely! I've taken a couple of different beers with me in the past. Usually 3 or 4 bottles of whichever beer as there are quite a few attendees. The feedback is very useful and constructive, and there are some very knowledgable people (some of whom are BJCP-trained).
I took one of my beers that was disgusting to find out what had gone wrong, and one of of the other members identified the issue right away!

Back