Hello from Birmingham

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumbrew

Regular dufus
Reaction score
Hey folks. Been waiting for my account to validate, thanks mods. Been viewing this forum as a go to for reference for a while. Thought it time to join in the fun.

I'm 28 and brewing with my late grandfathers gear. I've been making wine and cider on and off for a few years now. All natural, no campden no nutrients, no pectolase and no finnings. So I'm surprised I haven't poisoned myself or others all this time.

Anywho, since learning what these additives are capable of my wines have been coming out magnificently.

On the go at the moment I have dandelion and honey wine, carrot and hop, and also some turbo cider as you guys call it.

I recently bottled done random fruit/veg wine. It has apple, pear, bannana, carrot and beetroot thrown in there. All stuff in the cupboard that would otherwise have been thrown out.

After finning and filtering through the vinbrite they are lovely and clear.

Here's to home brew :-)

Thanks for having me.

Hi and Welcome.

I don't make wine or cider myself, more of a beer man. WIne is so cheap where I live, it somehow seems pointless to make it.

So are you a Blue or a Claret and Blue?

Don't really follow the football so neither. :-)

Wine is cheap in brum to, but its exactly that, cheap stuff. I'm going to have a bash at wilkos larger today. Only ever done two kit beets before, and one ended up a bit flat. :-(

Wine is cheap in brum to, but its exactly that, cheap stuff. :-(

I live in Italy so it's cheap and very good. The 75p stuff from the petrol pump dispenser isn't great, but for £1.50 you get a great bottle. Downside is the beer is generally s**t unless you pay £5 for 500ml. You can't have it all. :hmm:

Beer is the thing I'm new at really. I've done a kit IPA and finished it with a bulldog brews hop tea bag ( goldings) its been 3 weeks since bottling and I've had a sneaky taste, not bad, but not as carbed as I'd like. More prime sugar I think next time. I've got a wilko larger kit going too, going to finish that with the same brand tea bag hop thinngy (saaz).

Have you ever tried potato beer? I'm looking for a recipe that dosent involve a mash urn, heater thingy lol. Or am I out of my league?

I live in Italy so it's cheap and very good. The 75p stuff from the petrol pump dispenser isn't great, but for £1.50 you get a great bottle. Downside is the beer is generally s**t unless you pay £5 for 500ml. You can't have it all. :hmm:

Petrol pump dispenser? I'm in the wrong country

Latest posts

Back