Hello from Bristol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cptn_Needa

Chookity-pok
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I used to brew quite often a few years back (only from kits mind) and have decided to start up again as we have a street party coming up.
First attempt is in primary at the moment although I think the temp has been too high so I'm not expecting great things. There's still enough time for a second batch though and I think I've found a more suitable spot for that (a bit cooler).
The kit I'm currently brewing is the Muntons American IPA.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
You'll find that kits have improved immensely over the years with such a wide variety of styles to choose from.I'm sure you shall find plenty to suit everyones taste.

Hi
Like gerryjo says kits can be quality beers alongside some AG brews.
Last night i had one of each and found it very difficult to separate the quality.
What I would say is the AG was slightly smoother, but I reckon this was down to the wheat I added which some have stated on here creates a sour aftertaste. Either way it's splitting hairs.
Young's 2 can kits are definitely worth a pop. I'm considering the APA as I've been informed is as good if not better than the AIPA which is a big shout

Good luck with the hobbie/obsession

Latest posts

Back