Hello from Bristol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobyjrn6

Reaction score
Hi guys, got given a brooklyn brewshop punk ipa kit for christmas and it’s snowballed from there. Im about 5 (1 gallon due to student living :() batches down. Currently using extract and steeped grains but i imagine some form of all grain is in my near future.

Any tips or recipe ideas i could learn a lot from would be greatly appreciated as im basically freeballing at the moment. (That said ive just bottled up a warrior cascade citra amarillo ipa that has some potential)

Sounds like you're doing better than half of us on here.

Give us more of an idea of what you want to do. If you've got enough to do extract you've got enough do to an all grain in a brew in a bag if you pull down a pair of curtains or pull off a pillowcase. The transition's nowhere near as sweaty as people make out. You could do all grain with a sock, jam jar and candle if you've got a big enough middle finger. It's how I started.

Cheers guys, will do re: recipes.

Sounds like you're doing better than half of us on here.

Give us more of an idea of what you want to do. If you've got enough to do extract you've got enough do to an all grain in a brew in a bag if you pull down a pair of curtains or pull off a pillowcase. The transition's nowhere near as sweaty as people make out. You could do all grain with a sock, jam jar and candle if you've got a big enough middle finger. It's how I started.

That's sort of my worry haha, seems like the only sensible thing to do now! And i've only ever really gone near (preferably heavily dry hopped) pale and amber ales. I like the idea of giving a stout a go in the next couple of weeks so if you had any pointers given my preference to make the transition easy (and safe, don't want to ruin them for myself with a crappy homebrew) that'd be awesome.

Cheers

Welcome, I would see if you can pick up a copy "home brew beer" by Greg Hughes.
Its a bit of a bible when starting out and still now for me.
Complete how to and loads of sure fire recipes..

Latest posts

Back